jdeErrorGetNextDDItemNameInfoEx Error Msg

KSK

KSK

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I have an existing custom Business function(B59TEST) that uses jdeErrorGetNextDDItemNameInfoEx API and captures all the error messages triggered from business functions(i.e Form level error messages).

jdeErrorGetNextDDItemNameInfoEx is working good in UBE's as expected .

I am trying use the same business function in Headerless Detail -- Post OK button click event but Business function(B59TEST) unable to capture the exceptions .

Question : jdeErrorGetNextDDItemNameInfoEx API works in application or do we have any alternative API's for applications.

Please guide me on this issue . Thanks in advance .

Won't work in an APPL like that (thankfully as you stated it does work in UBEs). It did work for APPLs in Xe but not later tools releases. That was one of the things we had to fix during our Xe to 9.0 upgrade. One workaround is to create a wrapper BSFN that calls the BSFN you want to capture the errors from then you can use that API to iterate the error list.

Wont work:
Code:
APPL
->F4211FSBegDoc
->MyGetErrorListBSFN

Will Work:
Code:
APPL
->MyF4211FSBegDocWrapper
    ->F4211FSBegDoc
    ->MyGetErrorListBSFN

Last edited:
Hi Brian Oster,

Thanks for reply .
Crosschecked with Oracle , they have few API's as Client only (like jdeErrorGetNextDDItemNameInfoEx ) and it's not supported on web .

I am trying to mark B59TEST as client only Business function and testing this BSFN in applications . Please give your comments on this approach .

That won't work, at least not on an HTML client. jdeErrorGetNextDDItemNameInfoEx works just fine on an Enterprise Server if you use it in the manner I described. I use it in quite a few places for both UBEs, APPLs (in the manner I described above for APPLs).

Back