JDE Visual ER compare source code

chetans

I am looking for JDE visual ER compare source code, as i am designing a ER compare report which will give me changed event rules between the 2 environment and also print on the report.

You can even point your ER Compare to an older version OW if you point it to the proper spec directory. This helps make conversions pretty easy. If you copied a JDE program and now are upgrading. In the new environment Copy the JDE program again, use ER Compare to pull in your custom variable if you have any. Save, exit, then go back in. Then pull in your custom code. Then Test.

If you need something outside JDE for BSFN's. There is a program called Ultra Edit which is a really good text editor that can easily compare two source files. It has a lot of different options for the compare and color codes everything. It is very effective.

Rob

We use Scooter software's Beyond Compare to compare BSFN’s and ER printouts. I like it.
Hope this helps,
Bojan

I am a heavy user of both UltraEdit and Beyond Compare and I prefer Beyond Compare for doing source comparisons, but both are really good.

Back