JDE user licensing limit

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
Greetings, a question for anyone who may have an idea on this. We are on JDE E1 9.0 and have a licensing agreement that allows us 50 users. I don't know much more about the agreement than that, but I've been told that 50 users is our limit.

When we review our users and total up how many users we have setup with JDE ID's, we typically exclude things like TEST that are not production ID's and SCHEDULE that are not an id someone actually signs on with but used for submissions from SCHEDULER. Excluding those we are right at 50 users.

My question is, is this an actually correct way to do things. Or does Oracle/JDE actually consider any and all ids when looking at the user limit. Or does the user limit only apply to users that are online at the same time, which for us is usually less than 10.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Is that 50 CONCURRENT users or 50 NAMED USERS

You'll need to know the model.

The concurrent model stopped being sold eons ago but under this model the number of records in the user profile table doesn't matter on the licensing.

If you have a NAMED USER model then you can only have 50 active user profiles on the system. The exception are accounts that are used for batch processing.

You are charged 1 license for the JDE id that is used to admin the system.

You are also charged for any "occasional" use id's that are active including contractors, temp staff, etc.

If the user TEST can sign on then it counts as a licensed anmed user - no if's and's or but's.

So the answer is Oracle considers ANY and ALL id's as a named user.

Colin

Back