JDE Upgrade development process standard templates

kiyer315

Hi,

Do we have standard templates for development process to track the objects from old to new versions in a JDE Upgrade from 9 to 9.2.

Regards,
Krishna

I'm not sure if I understood your question.
Are you looking for a way to track which objects changed from one version to another? If yes, is it because you need to retrofit stuff? If that is the case, I have an SQL statement that can bring you all vanilla objects that were modified so you can plan the retrofit.

Hi Krishna,

I have the following query.
This query list all standard objects that were checked-in at least once. I removed everything starting with JL1% to JL9% because those are usually ESUs.
This query can give us some false positives, that means, objects that were checked-in but not changed. On our upgrade to 9.2 we got this list as the starting point to estimate how many objects we would need to retrofit. The query itself returned about 360 objects, but after verifying each object (took me about one day), only 192 were indeed modified.

I hope this is what you were looking for. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

SELECT A.LHOMWOBJID,
B.SIMD, '''' || SUBSTRING(A.LHOMWOBJID, 2, 2) MODULE,
MAX(A.LHUPMJ) LAST_UPDATE,
COUNT(DISTINCT A.LHOMWPRJID) COUNT_OF_PROJECTS
FROM SY900.F98210 A
LEFT JOIN OL900.F9860 B
ON B.SIOBNM=A.LHOMWOBJID
WHERE A.LHOMWAC='02'
AND A.LHOMWOT NOT IN ('UBEVER','PRJ')
AND A.LHOMWPRJID NOT LIKE 'JL1%'
AND A.LHOMWPRJID NOT LIKE 'JL2%'
AND A.LHOMWPRJID NOT LIKE 'JL3%'
AND A.LHOMWPRJID NOT LIKE 'JL4%'
AND A.LHOMWPRJID NOT LIKE 'JL5%'
AND A.LHOMWPRJID NOT LIKE 'JL6%'
AND A.LHOMWPRJID NOT LIKE 'JL7%'
AND A.LHOMWPRJID NOT LIKE 'JL8%'
AND A.LHOMWPRJID NOT LIKE 'JL9%'
AND A.LHOMWOBJID NOT LIKE 'W%'
AND SUBSTRING(A.LHOMWOBJID, 2, 2) NOT IN ('55','56','57','58','59','Y5')
GROUP BY A.LHOMWOBJID, B.SIMD, SUBSTRING(A.LHOMWOBJID, 2, 2)
ORDER BY A.LHOMWOBJID

Thanks Olavo.Yes we will have to do a ER compare to find if any changes have been made.

Regards,
Krishna

Back