JDE Status Code Wrongly Advance

Shaw

I request your kind suggestion/help on the following issue

1. JDE B7333 SP 19/MS SQL Server 2000 SP4 on one server.
2. Win 2000 Server Standard SP4 windows update->Jan15,09

The application has been working for the past few years.
In my knowledge no change to any settings on IT side.

Recently the Sales Order applications has experienced unexplained changes.

Original -> When we are done generating invoice, the status code will be 580-620. After weekly sales update is performed and everything OK, it will roll to 620-999.

Problem -> recently Sales order process weird problem. When the user is at 568-580, usually they do a invoice test print(no-update), a PDF report will be generated with no-invoice number, the status will still be at 568-580. Now this same procedure will advance the status from 568-580 to 580-620 even though no invoice number is generated.
For user who choose to update (get invoice number) immediately without test print, usually they should be at 580-620 (indicating invoice number generated, waiting for final sales update), now some of them instead got 620-999 (even though weekly sales update hasn't happened)

I have check the P40204 order activities rules and can confirm no change in settings. The problems occurred for many users so it is likely not a user problem, probably some unknown thing on the server side.

Your kind help is much appreciated.

Shaw

Take an order and look at the F42199 file (sales order ledger). Look at which program is doing the update to the status.

Here are a couple suggestions:

1. Do you have the processing options in the invoice test version locked down tight so it will only pull when at test status? If the process is run twice by accident or on the scheduler, then it will continue to increase the status codes.

2. Are you running manually and then something on the scheduler updating it.

Please post your system configs to help better support you.

Back