JDE Scheduler - AS/400 out of sync

CNC Pro

We have OneWorld Xe SP23_K1 Update 7 running on a new 520 iSeries AS400 V5R3. The Problem we having is that the JDE job scheduler appears to be out of sync with the AS/400. Because of daylight savings all batch jobs in the JDE scheduler are running an hour later on the AS400 than what is stipulated in the JDE Scheduler. The AS400 appears to have the correct time settings i.e QHOUR correct time, QUTCOFFSET = -4:00 ( Eastern Time Toronto Canada) What do I need to do to correct this issue?
Any help would greatly be appreaciated.

What are your Scheduler settings at currently. It's been a long time
since we had to deal with this because we opted to quit using the JDE
scheduler altogether for this and other reasons. I believe this happens
when you try and handle Daylight Savings Time in two places at the same
time. I don't believe JDE has it's own internal clock so if you are
handling DST on the AS400 and within the Job Scheduler, you are
advancing the time a second time within JDE. Like I said, it's been a
while but I think that was the jist of it....

Re: RE: JDE Scheduler - AS/400 out of sync

Thx Darrell, I think you definitely put me on the right path. Our P91300 ( JDE Scheduler App) processing option under the Display tab is as follows

Local time =2
Local Time Zone = 23
Never adjust to DST = "0"
Day light saving rules when adjusting DST = USA

On the iSeries 400 the QHOUR is correct and the QUTCOFFSET = -4:00 ( use to be –5:00) Theoretically this should work.

What I did notice when fooling around with the P91300 and changed the processing option from “0” ( Never adjust DST) to 1 ( adjust DST ), added new job to the scheduler to test. It worked fine with the correct time. Which is all very good BUT what I also found was that all existing jobs in the JDE scheduler moved all existing jobs up an hour. E.g. job scheduled to run @9:00 now moved to 10:00.
If I left the switch at”1” would mean that I’d have to go to each Sched job and set it back 1 hours. With the switch set to “0” the job reflects the right time for which it’s going to launch but only launches 1hour after the scheduled time ( All too crazy).

Question now becomes, if I set the process option switch to “1” ( adjust DST) set each job in the scheduler back an hour would I have to do adjust the time again for each job in the fall ???? This is also the conflict I think you were trying to explain to me. Other question is - Do I have to IPL the AS/400 for the UTC change to take place?

RE: RE: JDE Scheduler - AS/400 out of sync

This is the last known settings within our Scheduler and I think we
finally won out on it.

JDE

Local time 2
Local Time Zone 42 Mountain Time (US & Canada) (UTC-07:00)
adjust to DST 1 Adjust for DST
DST Rules blank

iSeries

QUTCOFFSET =3D -06:00 Coordinated universal time offset

QTIMZON =3D QN0700T
Associated settings:
Offset . . . . . : -06:00
Full name . . . : Daylight Saving Time
Abbreviated name : DST

Like I said, I don't recall whether this worked specifically or not but
this was the last setting for our processing options for P91300. The
system values are current settings.

Re: RE: JDE Scheduler - AS/400 out of sync

On the iSeries 400 the QHOUR is correct and the QUTCOFFSET = -4:00 ( use to be –5:00) Theoretically this should work.

I was having the same issue and I left the QUTCOFFSET at -5:00 and solved the issue. Now when I change the time in fall and spring (leaving the offset alone) the JDE scheduler stays on time.

Back