JDE performance very poor when records of table more than 1 million with Oracle database

zhiwen

zhiwen

JDE performance very poor when records of table more than 1 million with Oracle database

My question is JDE performance is poor when table is very big,i.e. item ledger file(F4111),general account ledger(F0911), when their records greater than 1,000,000, those report or inquiry programs are very slow, but it's well on DB2 database,we are upgrading from E811 to E900,and change it's database from DB2 to Oracle, how to improve performnce and user experience with database change?Thank you very much.

Mike

Re: JDE performance very poor when records of table more than 1 million with Oracle database

Hi Mike,
I'm sure jde performance are very good. It's a DB performance issue.

Ask to your DBA for index rebuild o sql tuning.

Re: JDE performance very poor when records of table more than 1 million with Oracle database

Hi Mike

1,000,000 records really isn't that much, so it shouldn't be a huge problem for you. It's actually good you are going into an upgrade because it gives you a chance to hit several things that may be giving you an issue. During the upgrade make sure to go through a proper sizing exercise for your hardware. You also may need to create indexes for the queries that are running through the system. Again during the upgrade, database tuning should be done.

Dave

We have same problem with 9.1 to compare with current 8.12 Production.
Please let me know if anybody has anything idea / suggestion for performance improvement. Thanks in advance to share your expertise.
E1 9.1, Tools Release 9.1.2.2, Oracle 11G

Back