E9.2 JDE Orchestration Business Case

Vilkacis

Hello,

We are exploring using JDE Orchestration (to assist in creating sales orders and from extracting customer data) and wanted to know if anyone could provide a business case?
Executive management is asking for the business case(s) to determine if the investment is worth the effort ;)

Thanks!
Kevin

Kevin, I am not sure what you mean! If you are on a version of JDE that has Orchestrator, you own it already! Is this part of a larger value prop on whether or not to upgrade JDE? Can you explain a bit more? Or is it a business decision to train staff and move existing things over to it?

What I do know is that the value added by Orchestrator is incredible for the price (free), if you have a modern version of JDE. It is an API factory that leverages your internal business logic as well as internal business rules without the need for the orchestrator developer to understand the internal logic or rules. There's simply not much else like it out there.

I think others will pipe up with better and more experienced opinions.

What Dave said. It's quite straight forward to create sales orders with an orchestration either by reading a spreadsheet or exposing an API etc. The business case is more about saving money but not having to do whatever the current process is.
It's an incredible tool. In my opinion the most transformational feature introduced by JDE in my 22 years on the product

Kevin, I am not sure what you mean! If you are on a version of JDE that has Orchestrator, you own it already! Is this part of a larger value prop on whether or not to upgrade JDE? Can you explain a bit more? Or is it a business decision to train staff and move existing things over to it?

What I do know is that the value added by Orchestrator is incredible for the price (free), if you have a modern version of JDE. It is an API factory that leverages your internal business logic as well as internal business rules without the need for the orchestrator developer to understand the internal logic or rules. There's simply not much else like it out there.

I think others will pipe up with better and more experienced opinions.
Thank you for your response! I am looking for any white papers or use cases that the tool has or could be used for. Besides, as I was told moving data from one place to another. Also, you mentioned training...do you have any suggestions on a training company? Also, how technical is this tool? I am very knowledgeable on Oracle ERP and am coming up to speed on JDE E9.2 - There are others that are interested in this tool that are not that technical. Any assistance/direction would be greatly appreciated !

What Dave said. It's quite straight forward to create sales orders with an orchestration either by reading a spreadsheet or exposing an API etc. The business case is more about saving money but not having to do whatever the current process is.
It's an incredible tool. In my opinion the most transformational feature introduced by JDE in my 22 years on the product
Thank you for your response! I am looking for any white papers or use cases that the tool has or could be used for. Besides, as I was told moving data from one place to another. Also, you mentioned training...do you have any suggestions on a training company? Also, how technical is this tool? I am very knowledgeable on Oracle ERP and am coming up to speed on JDE E9.2 - There are others that are interested in this tool that are not that technical. Any assistance/direction would be greatly appreciated !

As for training, I know personally of ACBM's because I've taken it twice across multiple years :) I can personally vouch for the quality there. https://www.acbmsolutions.com/enterpriseone-orchestrator-training There are other great classes out there, but this is the one I have personal experience with

As for business cases, I think that orchestrator + the updated workflow tool in the latest release of JDE could very closely approach iPaaS software that gets sold for hundreds of thousands per year. I haven't run into much limiting me from doing what I want within orchestrator.

It is a fine tool for less technical people. You record a process within JDE, and then write an orchestration around that using drag and drop, and mapping. To do EVERYTHING you'd need someone competent in programming to handle the scripting parts. Either Groovy, jython, or jRuby. Your CNC should be decent, because there can be some hiccups getting orchestrator stack configured, but those are getting simpler with each release it seems.

The worst thing about the online training at learnjde.com is that different tutorials are based on different versions of the Studio user interface and a lot of the examples are pre Studio 8 - it makes it far more confusing than it needs to be. I really think Oracle should tidy this up and update their tutorials, or at the very least, group them by version. All the tutorials prior to Studio 8 are simply confusing as the Studio 8 user interface is quite different and a vast improvement.

I am self taught in Orchestrator and that is very doable. I have not seen the training offered by acbmsolutions.com but based on their blog, samples and ADEX tool I would expect it would be quite good.

Back