JDE Object Browser 2.0

Hi Craig,

I have installed Object browser 2.5.0.2(32 bit) on Windows7. I am working on JDE XE instance(B7).
We are trying to export objects from object browser. By default Location/Source is set to LOCAL and it is disabled. So, we are not able to change Location to extract from different path code like DV7333.
Can you please suggest how it can be resolved.

Thanks,
Kajal

Kajal,

In XE there was no API to get remote specs so it only works for the local path code you are logged into.

Craig

I was just wondering, while using the Batch Export mode:
If i say export to data selection driver section it always exports ALL of the data selection values. Even those that the user can't access via bv -> data selection, like detail information or additional information section. Am i doing something wrong here or is this works-as-designed? :unsure:

Tested with 1.3.0.98 on E900 and 2.5.0.2 on E920

I was just wondering, while using the Batch Export mode:
If i say export to data selection driver section it always exports ALL of the data selection values. Even those that the user can't access via bv -> data selection, like detail information or additional information section. Am i doing something wrong here or is this works-as-designed? :unsure:

Tested with 1.3.0.98 on E900 and 2.5.0.2 on E920
Hi, Are you looking at the consolidated files that have the data selection for all versions? Maybe post an example?

Craig

Hi,
okay, some more details:

I'm trying to export TXT files. These are my object browser settings:
1608184907669.png

What i think my result should look like:
1608184932248.png

What my result looks like:
1608184954086.png

Thanks,
schojo

The export to text is for exporting source code and object properties. You do have the data selection in your text file. If you open the UBE, you can right click on its name and get options to export processing options and data selection. That might give you a format you'll find easier to read.

The export to text is for exporting source code and object properties. You do have the data selection in your text file. If you open the UBE, you can right click on its name and get options to export processing options and data selection. That might give you a format you'll find easier to read.

It's the exact same result as the batch export mode. I'm just wondering why "Driver section" exports more than just the driver section :)

Hi Craig,

I see weird behaviour with latest Object Browser 2.5.0.4, it allows only 9 char in search and also label gets overiden by text boxes.
We installed Object browser 32 bit.

Any help?

1616603698919.png

Hi, Looks like the Scale and Layout under Windows Display Settings is cranked up to at least 150%. I don't think it can handle that.

Craig

Hi Craig,
Thanks for a really great tool!

I wanted to report a couple of bugs I guess.
We are on EnterpriseOne 9.2.5.1 and using JDE OBJECT BROWSER 64 Bit Beta Version 2.5.0.4

1. Batch export of Applications from cli never ends and it looks like it goes into an infinite loop.
Export itself goes for a long time and before it finishes exporting all the Applications it starts from the beginning.
I still have to confirm this behaviour, though.
Code:
start ObjectBrowser.exe -b3  -cDV920 -eDV920 -lC -mT -u%JDE_USER%  -p%JDE_PASSWORD% -k -n -oP* -d%jde_spec_export_folder%

2. Business Function export unable to find source files and indeed they do not exist on deployment server.
I suppose bsfn code is stored in the db.

C:
Could not open file.\\DEP920\E920\DV920\include\b4200310.h
Could not open file.\\DEP920\E920\DV920\source\b4200310.c

Here is an example of B4200310 export. Data structure was exported successfully, however bsfn code itself couldn't be found.

C:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Business Function: B4200310 - Sales Order Entry Master Business Function
Function Type: C
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=============================================
EVENTS
C Function: Sales Order Entry Master Business Function - [F4211ClearWorkFile]
=====================================================
Data Structure: D4200310I - F4211 Clear Work File                                       
=====================================================
BF mnJobNo [JOBS]
BF szComputerID [CTID]
BF mnFromLineNo [LNID]
BF mnThruLineNo [LNID]
BF cClearHeaderWF [EV01]
BF cClearDetailWF [EV02]
BF szProgramID [PID]
BF mnWKRelatedOrderProcess [MATH02]
BF szCMVersion [VERS]
BF cGenericChar1_EV01 [EV01]
BF cGenericChar2_EV02 [EV02]
BF szGenericString1_DL01 [DL01]
BF mnSODRelatedJobNumber [MATH01]
BF mnProcessID [PEID]
BF mnTransactionID [TCID]

Could not open file.\\DEP920\E920\DV920\include\b4200310.hCould not open file.\\DEP920\E920\DV920\source\b4200310.c

Regards,
Serge

Hi Craig,
We are still on 32-bit and tools 9.2.4.3 in our main development environment.
I guess, upgrading and setting everything for 64-bit will take more time.

Now, a question regarding bulk export of BSSV's, in 32-bit ObjectBrowser.exe Version 2.5.0.4.
It doesn't look like bulk export is able to export java files.
All we get is just a generic information regarding bssv, but not actual source code (please see below).
On the other hand, interactive mode allows to browse java source files without any issues.

Can you please help me figuring out the right command line options?
Here is what i am using right now
Code:
ObjectBrowser.exe -b3 -cDV920 -eDV920 -lC -mT -u$JDE_USER -p$JDE_PASSWORD -k

Publishes service
Java:
Business Function: JP56LA11 - Sales Order Manager
Function Type: SBF

Log file
Code:
=====================================
JDE Object Browser Batch Export Mode
OMW Project: EDI1020_BS
Output Location: C:\Users\PR042999\AppData\Local\Temp\EDI1020_BS\
Specification Source: Central Objects
Path Code: DV920
Format: Text
Exporting: JP56EU20
Exporting: JP56LA11
Exported 2 objects.

Regards,
Serge.

Hi Craig,

Now, a question regarding bulk export of BSSV's, in 32-bit ObjectBrowser.exe Version 2.5.0.4.
All we get is just a generic information regarding bssv, but not actual source code (please see below).
On the other hand, interactive mode allows to browse java source files without any issues.

Code:

Publishes service
Java:

Log file
Code:
Exported 2 objects.

Regards,
Serge.
Serge,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a look at the batch export this weekend.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Code:

Publishes service
Java:

Log file
Code:
Exported 2 objects.

Regards,
Serge.
Please try the latest version 2.5.0.5

thanks
Craig

Please try the latest version 2.5.0.5

thanks
Craig

Thanks a lot Craig, works like a charm!

One more feature request please.
Maybe it makes sense to give an option in bulk export to save bssv/java files separately, preserving existing structure of java/source folders.
It gives a better level of granularity when used in conjunction with source code control systems like git.

This is what we are doing (git - bitbucket, jira/confluence integration) to track source code changes and your tool is a lifesaver!

This is what we are doing (git - bitbucket, jira/confluence integration) to track source code changes and your tool is a lifesaver!

Don't want to hijack this thread but...

Out of curiosity do you track non text source JDE Objects in Git as well (APPLs, UBEs, etc.)? I tracked C BSFNs for about two years on Git/Bitbucket for a project when I needed the branching capabilities of Git and wondered if there was some way to track all changes in Git, not just objects with standard text source files. We use Git/Github for all of our non-JDE source and it would be nice to have all our source in one place.

Hi Craig - as always thank you for this incredible tool. I have found a minor bug, I hope this is the right place to report it. I've discovered that if any of the tabs open in OB 2.5.0.5 (and probably all previous versions) include an ER Search, the "save workspace" action from the file menu will crash OB and the windows "ObjectBrowser has stopped working" error pops up.
To reproduce: Open E1, open OB, open an ER search tab (no need to enter anything or start the search). Go to File -> save workspace, then save it and immediately OB crashes.
I'm a heavy workspace user so I'm glad at least I know why my saves crash now.