JDE Object Browser 2.0

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
Hi Craig,

I have installed Object browser 2.5.0.2(32 bit) on Windows7. I am working on JDE XE instance(B7).
We are trying to export objects from object browser. By default Location/Source is set to LOCAL and it is disabled. So, we are not able to change Location to extract from different path code like DV7333.
Can you please suggest how it can be resolved.

Thanks,
Kajal

Kajal,

In XE there was no API to get remote specs so it only works for the local path code you are logged into.

Craig

schojo44

I was just wondering, while using the Batch Export mode:
If i say export to data selection driver section it always exports ALL of the data selection values. Even those that the user can't access via bv -> data selection, like detail information or additional information section. Am i doing something wrong here or is this works-as-designed? :unsure:

Tested with 1.3.0.98 on E900 and 2.5.0.2 on E920

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
I was just wondering, while using the Batch Export mode:
If i say export to data selection driver section it always exports ALL of the data selection values. Even those that the user can't access via bv -> data selection, like detail information or additional information section. Am i doing something wrong here or is this works-as-designed? :unsure:

Tested with 1.3.0.98 on E900 and 2.5.0.2 on E920
Hi, Are you looking at the consolidated files that have the data selection for all versions? Maybe post an example?

Craig

schojo44

Hi,
okay, some more details:

I'm trying to export TXT files. These are my object browser settings:
1608184907669.png

What i think my result should look like:
1608184932248.png

What my result looks like:
1608184954086.png

Thanks,
schojo

eydeak

Reputable Poster
The export to text is for exporting source code and object properties. You do have the data selection in your text file. If you open the UBE, you can right click on its name and get options to export processing options and data selection. That might give you a format you'll find easier to read.

schojo44

The export to text is for exporting source code and object properties. You do have the data selection in your text file. If you open the UBE, you can right click on its name and get options to export processing options and data selection. That might give you a format you'll find easier to read.

It's the exact same result as the batch export mode. I'm just wondering why "Driver section" exports more than just the driver section :)

craig_welton

Legendary Poster

prashantsv

Hi Craig,

I see weird behaviour with latest Object Browser 2.5.0.4, it allows only 9 char in search and also label gets overiden by text boxes.
We installed Object browser 32 bit.

Any help?

1616603698919.png

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
Hi, Looks like the Scale and Layout under Windows Display Settings is cranked up to at least 150%. I don't think it can handle that.

Craig

ONYX

Well Known Member
Hi Craig,
Thanks for a really great tool!

I wanted to report a couple of bugs I guess.
We are on EnterpriseOne 9.2.5.1 and using JDE OBJECT BROWSER 64 Bit Beta Version 2.5.0.4

1. Batch export of Applications from cli never ends and it looks like it goes into an infinite loop.
Export itself goes for a long time and before it finishes exporting all the Applications it starts from the beginning.
I still have to confirm this behaviour, though.
Code:
start ObjectBrowser.exe -b3  -cDV920 -eDV920 -lC -mT -u%JDE_USER%  -p%JDE_PASSWORD% -k -n -oP* -d%jde_spec_export_folder%

2. Business Function export unable to find source files and indeed they do not exist on deployment server.
I suppose bsfn code is stored in the db.

C:
Could not open file.\\DEP920\E920\DV920\include\b4200310.h
Could not open file.\\DEP920\E920\DV920\source\b4200310.c

Here is an example of B4200310 export. Data structure was exported successfully, however bsfn code itself couldn't be found.

C:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Business Function: B4200310 - Sales Order Entry Master Business Function
Function Type: C
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=============================================
EVENTS
C Function: Sales Order Entry Master Business Function - [F4211ClearWorkFile]
=====================================================
Data Structure: D4200310I - F4211 Clear Work File                                       
=====================================================
BF mnJobNo [JOBS]
BF szComputerID [CTID]
BF mnFromLineNo [LNID]
BF mnThruLineNo [LNID]
BF cClearHeaderWF [EV01]
BF cClearDetailWF [EV02]
BF szProgramID [PID]
BF mnWKRelatedOrderProcess [MATH02]
BF szCMVersion [VERS]
BF cGenericChar1_EV01 [EV01]
BF cGenericChar2_EV02 [EV02]
BF szGenericString1_DL01 [DL01]
BF mnSODRelatedJobNumber [MATH01]
BF mnProcessID [PEID]
BF mnTransactionID [TCID]

Could not open file.\\DEP920\E920\DV920\include\b4200310.hCould not open file.\\DEP920\E920\DV920\source\b4200310.c

Regards,
Serge