• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

JDE Object Browser 2.0

I have two logs of the problem, one if I first enter the FAT and then open the Object Browser, and second if I first open the Objetc Browser and enter the FAT.


In the two scenarios, those reported by the logs are very different,


jde.log of the first case

jde.jpg
 

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
Was the workstation re-configured in some way? Try unistalling and re-installing Object browser? Sorry, but nothing I've seen before.
 
I have reinstalled several times, jdetrace does not work, nerdump does not work, the products were working, the client did a network and port segmentation for security reasons, after that they stopped working, the JDE FAT works correctly.
 

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
I'm sorry, but if the workstation was re-configured, it's difficult to know what changed. Anything with UAC, path etc.? It needs to run as admin. The app just calls JDE APIs in the system DLLs.

Craig
 

johnd

Member
Hi

I have noticed that my new fat client machines on Windows server 2012 R2 and using the Beta 2.5.0 have issues when debugging and starting stopping debug with something like OW info of OW Commander.
Toggling the logging on doesn't always start a fresh new log, it used to. Then when you get working, clearing the log and commencing your work may not always refresh and keep updating the log.

I have been doing this for years on my older FAT client which was on windows 7 and not with the BETA version.
I have removed the BETA and registry and restarted the FAT.
I'll keep you posted with if this now works as before or not
 

jolly

Reputable Poster
This is probably a crazy idea, but could this tool be designed and built to run purely on a thin client, using XMLCallobject to retrieve everything it currently finds on a local fat client?

With Orchestration and UDOs I often find myself on a client site project without a development client!

Cheers
JohnO
 

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
This is probably a crazy idea, but could this tool be designed and built to run purely on a thin client, using XMLCallobject to retrieve everything it currently finds on a local fat client?

With Orchestration and UDOs I often find myself on a client site project without a development client!

Cheers
JohnO
If it only called stock BSFNs I would say yes, but the tool calls lower level APIs that are not exposed. The thin solution would be to use the web interface. While 1 developer workstation is required with OB installed, it can be accessed from a browser to view the objects specs.

Craig
 

jdelisths

Reputable Poster
Hi Craig,

The 64-bit version crashes randomly on 9.2.4.3 (on my workstation, on startup). Analysis of the crash dump shows this. My guess is that it is crashing on JDB_InitEnv.


Code:
SYMBOL_NAME:  heap_corruption!ObjectBrowser.exe

MODULE_NAME: heap_corruption

IMAGE_NAME:  heap_corruption

STACK_COMMAND:  ** Pseudo Context ** ManagedPseudo ** Value: 28025bfdb90 ** ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  HEAP_CORRUPTION_c0000374_heap_corruption!ObjectBrowser.exe
 
Last edited:

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
Hi Craig,

The 64-bit version crashes randomly on 9.2.4.3 (on my workstation, on startup). Analysis of the crash dump shows this. My guess is that it is crashing on JDB_InitEnv.


Code:
SYMBOL_NAME:  heap_corruption!ObjectBrowser.exe

MODULE_NAME: heap_corruption

IMAGE_NAME:  heap_corruption

STACK_COMMAND:  ** Pseudo Context ** ManagedPseudo ** Value: 28025bfdb90 ** ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  HEAP_CORRUPTION_c0000374_heap_corruption!ObjectBrowser.exe
Thanks Hari. I can't seem to duplicate this. Perhaps try the latest version 2.5.0.2?
 

jdelisths

Reputable Poster
I don't think it has to do with anything in Object Browser (OB). That workstation had 32-bit JDE, which I snapshot and installed 64-bit. If I start OB first and let it prompt for credentials, it works. If I start JDE (activconsole) after that, JDE crashes. So, it has something to do with JDE already running (and possibly some other toxic combination of things on that workstation). The debug log shows that it is crashing when it is trying to launch the JVM process. I will let you know if I come across any other issue. Thanks.
 

arjeet45o

Member
Thanks John, perhaps try the updated version (2.0). It seems to be working correctly there, so MS may have fixed some stuff in the updated MFC framework.
 
Top