JDE Object Browser 2.0

Hi Craig,

Thank you for creating this tool.

I recently noticed that the object explorer displays "Object ID" in the object tree. It should display "Object Bhvr ID" instead - just like the stock Object/ER Browser does in OMW.

For a lot of objects, "Object ID" and "Object Bhvr ID" are the same. I noticed the difference occurs when custom fields/objects are introduced in a UBE. Then, the "Object ID" and "Object Bhvr ID" go out of synch. But the stock Object/ER Browser reports the "Object Bhvr ID".

Can you enhance ObjectBrowser to add a switch to specify whether "Object ID" or "Object Bhvr ID" will be displayed? A switch would be nice just in case there are devs that prefer "Object ID" over "Object Bhvr ID".
2023-10-24_12-46-35.png

Craig hi,
my fat client machine was just upgraded to Tools Release 9.2.7.4 and now I can't open the Object Browser; it shows error message "Error Loading JDEL.DLL" and then is stuck on connecting. I tried to reinstall but it doesn't help :cry:

1706176513183.png

Make sure you have the right version of OB (32 or 64 bit). 32 bit will have have a bin32 directory under system within your fat client E1 install. 64 bit will have bin64. If moving to 64 bit, install that version from http://www.patwel.com/downloads. Make sure you have the MS redist package installed as well (download link is on the Patwel download page.

thanks
Craig

Thank you Craig! Admin who updated my fat client didn't inform me it was changed to 64bit

Craig, just wanted to say thank you for your tool! Yesterday was first day in a while when I had to use standard tools and I felt like I'm going crazy.

Hi Craig, as OB is such an essential item, I always leave it open and it eventually gets an expired token. I can just exit it and restart it but I'd lose what I was doing. Yes, can save workspace, save parameters etc but it would be even better if there was a 'refresh token' or similar button. Does that make sense?

Oracle really should buy this off you and make it part of the standard tools. If Larry can afford it.