JDE integration with BizTalk Server

mjarn2

Hi all,

I'm a BizTalk expert rather than a JDE guru so am seeking some advice from JDE developers. BizTalk Server has a JDE E1 adapter that I've installed and connected. BizTalk talks through ThinNet the the E1 server and runs BFSNs on the E1 server. BizTalk format a message with BFSN parameters populated, converts that to JDE native code, send the mesage to E1 via ThinNet, then executes the function on the E1 server, the response is then returned via ThinNet.

Some BFSNs run just fine and return a result, such as X0005 GetUDC. Others, like CallDocumentUBE fail with the below error. Any ideas on where to start looking? Anyone seen the "Invalid Attachment Program" error before?

E-JDE0045: ExecuteMethod failed to execute module B4900460 business function CallDocumentUBE. JDEdwards error message: Error-B4900460.CallDocumentUBE-/OneWorld/Packages/PYBF0314/source/CTRAN/b4900460.c-017H-Error: Invalid Attachment Program

What version of enterprise one are you using. Secondly are you using the biztalk adapter for e1 to connect. There should be some error on the logic server that might explain it better

Jaise

We're using JDE 8.12 with toolset 8.98. Yep, I'm using the BizTalk E1 adapter. The JDE guys I'm working with a loathe to turn on logging on the JDE server. Where might we find more information on the E1 server?

Late answer but here is an explanation

You received error 017H - Invalid Attachment Program
You can get additional description when you go in the work with glossary items

Cause . . . . The Attachment program or Version does not exist or has not been installed correctly.
Resolution. . Verify that the Attachment program and Version associated with these payments exists. Also, verify that the Version has been installed correctly.

Meaning that you sent wrong parameters to the business function. The data structure is as follow:
typedef struct tagDSD4900460A
{
JCHAR szProgramId[11];
JCHAR szVersion[11];
JCHAR szPrintDepot[13];
JCHAR szDocumentPrint[5];
MATH_NUMERIC mnBatchNumber;
JCHAR cErrorCode;
} DSD4900460A, *LPDSD4900460A;

JDE tryed to validate that the first two parameters were correct and you failed the test.

The program and version must exist.

Hello All,

Can someone please let me know Best approach for JDE to Biztalk integration.

I have searched on many forums, i found using BBSV functionality that is consuming web services in Biztalk is best approach.

Please suggest. Thanks.

It's difficult to provide a hard and fast best approach for JDE integration with BizTalk. Some if it depends on your JDE version (especially E1 vs OneWorld) and the version of BizTalk you are running (adapter changes between versions). You should be able to consume the BSSVs as web services with any BizTalk version. The tricky part in working with JDE business functions is knowing how to populate the parameters and interpret the errors returned.

This is helpful for me to check out this thread, as I was learning the BizTalk server so it helped me out to gain some information. Thank you.

Back