Jde.ini files and WTS...

swhitmire

Reputable Poster
Ok, I know I should know the answer to this, but I want to be sure I'm right:
When a new user logs in to a terminal server and runs JDE for the first time, where should their jde.ini file be copied from?

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I know I should know the answer to this, but I want to be sure I'm right:
When a new user logs in to a terminal server and runs JDE for the first time, where should their jde.ini file be copied from?

[/ QUOTE ]

C:\winnt\jde.ini

Hmmn. There's not one in C:\WINNT. There is one in C:\WINDOWS, which is the one I assumed it was copying. But it's not working -- new users get only a partial file, causing an obsolete jde.ini error, and a good file has to be manually copied to their home directories.

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmn. There's not one in C:\WINNT. There is one in C:\WINDOWS, which is the one I assumed it was copying. But it's not working -- new users get only a partial file, causing an obsolete jde.ini error, and a good file has to be manually copied to their home directories.

[/ QUOTE ]

The %SYSTEMROOT% directory, it varies depending on Windows version.

oti-01-0111 200783119 Obsolete JDE.INI error on Windows 2000 Terminal Server

I don't think that's it (what's in that document)... they have home directories, and part of the file gets copied there, just not all of it.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that's it (what's in that document)... they have home directories, and part of the file gets copied there, just not all of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen this before....long, long ago.

It didn't always do this... I just found out recently that our helpdesk people have been having to copy a good ini file for new users for about a year or so, after it worked fine for the previous seven years. Anyone else remember what might cause this?

Back