JDE Implementations full life cycle

sgpg

Sammy
Hello,

I often see new positions insisting that the applicant has several end to end experiences of implementations which may preclude someone who has worked with the system for years but usually post implementation. During that time you may well have migrated data into JDE and rolled out the system to several countries but never an actual end to end as stand alone project. What additional skills does an end to end implementation give you?
thanks

I think the specifics depend on your role in the JDE ecosystem. In general I think that end-to-end/full cycle implementation experience should give you experience in designing the system (technically or functionally depending on your role), involvement in building the deployment plan, test plan, cutover plan and BAU support plan. It may also give you more experience with the overall IT landscape in a company since you may be more involved with planning the transition from a legacy system and devising how JDE fits within the landscape that will remain. Rolling out a system will certainly give you JDE troubleshooting experience but may not give you the design and planning experience that "full cycle" may give you.

I don't get so hung up on the "full cycle" claim since it doesn't actually mean you did all those design and planning related tasks. You could have been attached to a project for the duration executing tasks that were already designed and assigned. Ultimately when interviewing a candidate or evaluating a potential peer, I am more interested in the specifics of what they have done. I am interested in anecdotes about design challenges, build and deployment problems they have encountered and how they went about solving them. Of course all that can not be easily placed on a resume so the full cycle label has to imply it.

Last edited:
Back