JDE Emails getting caught in Spam Filter

Irfan

Irfan

We're using the Google Postini spam filter to process all external email which includes JDE generated email. For some reason the emails generated from the Send Message Extended BSFN gets trapped in the Postini spam filter, but the emails generated from batch jobs such as the Job Completed messages goes through Postini without any problem and then to the recepients' email. We're using the MDaemon Email Server product from Alt-N Technologies for our email. In the JDE.INI file we are passing the alias for the Postini spam filter as the mail server. We tried using the SMTP server name for our email server but MDaemon requires authentication which can't be passed in the JDE.INI file.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

Here's the [JDEMAIL} section from our JDE.INI file:

[JDEMAIL]

Rule1=90|OPT|MAILSERVER=emailhub.iroquois.com
Rule2=100|DEFAULT|[email protected]
Rule3=110|DEFAULT|[email protected]
Rule4=120|DEFAULT|[email protected]
Rule5=130|OPT|MERGELOCAL=1
Rule6=140|OPT|UPDATELOCAL=0
mailServer=mail
ClientType=Web

Thanks!

Unfortunately the JDE SMTP functions do not support alternate ports, ssl/tls or any sort of authentication.

I suggest you put another SMTP server in between JDE and your primary SMTP server. Set it up as a relay and have it handle the authentication. I personally use the Apache James mail server for this as it is multi-platform and is easy to configure as a relay. There are plenty of others out there if James doesn't suit.

Configure the relay so that it only accepts email from the JDE host. Hopefully that should put your security group at relative ease with the solution.

Thanks Justin! That sounds like a great idea. We were actually thinking about using some type of interim process that handles authentication but we didn't know which product to use. I will suggest this to the IT staff. I really appreciate your feedback!

Back