JDE E9.1 Output Conversion Setting for Optio Output

GuitarMan

GuitarMan

Well Known Member
I have a question I hope you can help me with. I've reviewed the archives wasn't able to find a viable solution.
In JDE XE, using P98616, we set up Optio printers to be assigned to versions of UBEs. The Printer Definition Language we use is a custom Conversion Program for the PDF that was apparently provided by Optio a long time ago. It’s called “*JDE OPT” and uses,
“-s POSTSCRIPT_PRINTER -l optioPDF -f convertPDFToPDF7333” as it’s parameter string.

This does not work in E9.1 and I’m assuming we need a new output conversion routine that will handle E9.1 PDFs. Have any of you Optio users run across anything like this?

Also, in XE, we've switched our Optio servers over to a bridge product Bottomline now provides called OTIS. It works fine for XE (although in the Optio DCL we had to change the email device to pdfLt.dev). I've also been able to push E9.1 PDF's through OTIS manually... (I know that sounds funny...
smile.gif
)

Any experience this and information would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Optio for TR 9.1 fix . . .

Our fix was to switch to BI Publisher

Just to complete this in case anyone else has come across the same issue. Switching the Printer Definition Language from the custom "*JDE OPT" that used a custom parameter string, to "JDE PS" that is provided in base JDE fixed the problem.

Even in Xe (I forget which Sp, one of the 22 or 23 series), JDE provided a solution to replace that one, use "*JDE PDF" in 9.1 - basically, copy the *JDE PS one to one named *JDE PDF and you are good to go.

Too bad that Bottomline support didn't tell us about this option; it could have kept us as Optio customers instead of switching to BI Publisher.

Back