JDE E1 - Multi-founadation

sameernagar

Hi - We just started our Tools Release upgrade project and as a part of it , we are planning to setup Multi-foundation mainly using the following option so that we can continue development in our current production tools release ( DV , PY , PD) :

In this option we would like two sets of DV and PY . The first set runs on port 6017. The second set - new tools release runs on a different port (EX: 6117). so that development and promotions can continue with testing occurring on both foundations. Once set up, it can be disabled/enabled and reused for future Tools releases.

Has anyone implemented the above option and will be great if you can please provide the steps for implementing these.

Thanks much!

Are you literally talking about 2 copies of DV and PY? Same names?

That certainly seems like overkill to me. I'd just use the existing path codes on the new foundation.

Tom

Hi Tom - Thanks for your comment. Please correct me if I am wrong , if we are suing the existing path code e.g. first DV on new foundation, then while it is being upgraded to new foundation , we will not be able to do any development correct ?
Also , would you know how much time it would take to upgrade the path code to new foundation.

Thanks,
Sameer.

Sameer,

No, you can do development in DV path code, as the tools promote through the stack, you can promote to PY, then PD. Normally you are supposed to be able to promote between path codes at different tools releases, but I don't recommend it. I go back to 7332 and there have occasionally been issues promoting between different tools. But I'll admit not in quite a while, I just don't in an abundance of caution.

Tom

Back