JDE E1 Fat Client - E1Local password has expired

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are on E1 9.0, tools 9.1.4.7. I have seen a previous post regarding this issue but it did not help so I am giving it another shot.

I did a fresh E1 fat client install on a new laptop about 6 months ago. This week, when I tried to start my fat client, I received an Unable to Connect to E1Local message and in the jde.log it shows E1Local password expired.

Using a couple of documents from Oracle on this topic, it states to modify the SQLNET AUTHENTICATION SERVICES to NTS, restart E1Local database. Then it states to enter SQLPLus from a command line with admin privileges. It shows to key in 'sqlplus / as sysdba', which should then give you a prompt SQL>.

However, we are getting an error 'ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error' followed by a 'Enter user-name:' prompt.

If we were to get the SQL prompt, we then can run the steps to reset the profile password, but we are stuck with not being able to get into SQLPLUS.

Any ideas what to try or where to start looking. I am the administrator on this machine and when I start up cmd.exe I am choosing run as administrator. Not sure what else I am missing.

Thanks.

Change your path variable so that it is not using the 32 bit oracle client. You want it to use the 64 bit one that was installed with the local database. After you get the account issue worked out add the oracle 32 bit directory back to the path.

Change your path variable so that it is not using the 32 bit oracle client. You want it to use the 64 bit one that was installed with the local database. After you get the account issue worked out add the oracle 32 bit directory back to the path.

You can follow the above the steps or simply following below the steps will help you to login into E1local

Note : Make sure to change the parameter SQLNET AUTHENTICATION SERVICES to NTS of the E1local DB sqlnet.ora. No need to restart

> Open a CMD Prompt with admin rights
> Navigate to the E1local bin directory using cd command
cd C:\Oracle\E1Local\BIN
> Now execute the command "sqlplus / as sysdba"

You will be connected to the E1local database.

Thanks, can connect to SQLPLUS when using the C:\ORacle\E1local\bin.

However, when trying to run reconfigureMSDE.exe, its not clear what to key in to reset the password to admin. I've tried a few times, and each time it appears to work but says cannot start E1Local listener. In any case now when I try to execute my fat client, it still pops up the Unable to connect to E1local and also shows ORA-28000 account is locked, in the jde.log.

You can follow the above the steps or simply following below the steps will help you to login into E1local

Note : Make sure to change the parameter SQLNET AUTHENTICATION SERVICES to NTS of the E1local DB sqlnet.ora. No need to restart

> Open a CMD Prompt with admin rights
> Navigate to the E1local bin directory using cd command
cd C:\Oracle\E1Local\BIN
> Now execute the command "sqlplus / as sysdba"

You will be connected to the E1local database.

Its like if you have sysdba privileges then this is fine, else jde id with correct credentials will let you connect to database, as it is super user id .

else

Set proper values of ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID
Use SQLPlus to connect to the database as dba
sqlplus / as sysdba
Unlock ODS account with command
ALTER USER ODS ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
Try the oidpasswd command again.

Thanks

Last edited:
Its like if you have sysdba privileges then this is fine, else jde id with correct credentials will let you connect to database, as it is super user id .

else

Set proper values of ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID
Use SQLPlus to connect to the database as dba
sqlplus / as sysdba
Unlock ODS account with command
ALTER USER ODS ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
Try the oidpasswd command again.

Thanks

Just a FYI

1. JDE Database ID is present only on Deployment Server not on Fat client
2. JDE Database ID doesn't have previlage to reset the password of sys & system user ID

Use the SQL Query : alter user system account unlock; to Unlock the system account ( screenshot attached)

sqlplus command.jpg

Thanks, I am now all set and back up and running with my fat client. I was able to unlock the system account using SQL per your notes. Then I re-encrypted the SYSTEM/SYS password. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks, I am now all set and back up and running with my fat client. I was able to unlock the system account using SQL per your notes. Then I re-encrypted the SYSTEM/SYS password. Thanks for all your help.

Glad to hear !

Back