JDE Development Environment to Rent

Valcir

Hi,

I'm looking for a JDE development environment to rent. Does anyone know if it exists and where to find it?

I couldn't find it at Oracle.com.

I need access to a virtual machine (or something like that) that contains a recent JDE EnterpriseOne (9.2) installed and have access to OMW environment to development training purposes.

Thanks for any help.

Valcir

Hi,

I'm looking for a JDE development environment to rent. Does anyone know if it exists and where to find it?

I couldn't find it at Oracle.com.

I need access to a virtual machine (or something like that) that contains a recent JDE EnterpriseOne (9.2) installed and have access to OMW environment to development training purposes.

Thanks for any help.

Valcir

We hope Standalone 9.2 will be the best option for you !

You can do OMW operation and Development using Standalone 9.2.

In case if you feel this is the good option for you, follow the anyone of the below article to install Standalone 9.2 successfully.

JDEE1Tips : http://www.jdee1tips.com/#!Install-JD-Edwards-Standalone-E920/esfmi/567973910cf203da56e85506

JDESource : http://www.jdesource.com/enterpriseone/jd-edwards-9-2-standalone-demo-installation-tutorial/

Hi JDEE1Tips,

Very nice step-by-step on how to install the 9.2. I'll try it.

Even though, I know it is a pain to do this installation process (I have 9.0 standalone installed), that's why I'm looking for something ready to use.

One question: If I install the 9.2 Standalone in a Server can I use it for multiple users?

Thanks,

Valcir

Hi JDEE1Tips,

Very nice step-by-step on how to install the 9.2. I'll try it.

Even though, I know it is a pain to do this installation process (I have 9.0 standalone installed), that's why I'm looking for something ready to use.

One question: If I install the 9.2 Standalone in a Server can I use it for multiple users?

Thanks,

Valcir

Thank you Valcir !

JD Edwards Standalone Fat client can be accessible by only one user at a time.

However as per we know if your Standalone Local web client ( Tools --> EnterpriseOne Menu) is Started then we can access the web client URL from other machines.

But we hope this will not be the good option for you because you are looking for development so you need Standalone Fat client.

Hardly Its going to take maximum 3 hour or little more for the Standalone Installation and 50 to 80 gb hard drive is sufficient. You can consider installing the Standalone in other machine as well.This will be best option for you !

I recently heard of JDE 9.1 Trial edition in Oracle Cloud Market Place.

Hi Valcir,

JDE 9.2 trail offering limited functionality i.e. "It does not contain a Deployment Server or allow for the creation or use of a Development Client"

Get more information over JDE 9.2 trail edition - https://apexapps.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=44785:141:0::NO:RP:P141_PAGE_ID,P141_SECTION_ID:343,2832

I would also suggest you start with 9.2 Standalone but if you need multiple dev clients/users then go for OVM instance.

Hi Shaqeel,

Thanks for the hint.

Not sure if I know what OVM Instance is. Do you have more info about it?

Tks,

Valcir

Back