JDE Database Column Definitions Change in 9.2

mtzo1981

We are migration JDE 8 (AS400) to JDE 9.2 (SQL Server). We noticed a lot of database column definitions are now float instead of integer/numeric. For example, AN8 used to be numeric(8,0) in AS400 but become float in SQL server.

We would like to make those numeric/integer columns as it is because we have other applications which access database directly and the change of column definition may impact them.

May I know if it is the default behaviour of JDE 9.2? Is there any setting to make those columns as integer/numeric?

Thanks
Terence

We would like to make those numeric/integer columns as it is because we have other applications which access database directly and the change of column definition may impact them.

May I know if it is the default behaviour of JDE 9.2? Is there any setting to make those columns as integer/numeric?

To my knowledge you can't do that. You have to let JDE determine the underlying data types at the database level and I don't think that it is configurable.

What I understand from JDE vendor is that they installed new JDE 9.2 and used Robocopy to copy the data from JDE 8 to 9.2

We tried both Oracle and SQL Server for JDE 9.2. The data type is Oracle is the same as JDE 8 but only in SQL Server, a lot of columns with integer type become float.

The correct method to have done this is to use 8.0 JDE to copy from your iSeries to a SQL Server database - straight copy, resulting in the database being transferred from iSeries to SQL Server but in the 8.0 format.

Then you run the upgrade table conversions on the SQL Server database to convert from 8.0 (Xe) to 9.2.

Sounds to me like you used the wrong approach. There are no other approaches that will work.

Back