E9.2 JDE Certification exams

mali123

Hello,
I started as a developer and went to applications and CNC areas. I do security, update packages, OCMs, Orchestrator as a user, UDOs, scheduler, job queues, have copied menus between environments, and check server manager logs & sessions for troubleshooting and basic windows server administration. We have a CNC consultant who handles all other CNC Areas. I have about 20 years of experience overall.

My employer is interested in me getting the CNC certification which is "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurable Network Computing 9.2 Implementation Essentials 1Z0-344"
We are not a consulting company and this certification is to learn how to implement plus maintenance, from what I understand. Still, I am okay with learning it expand my CNC knowledge.
I just talked to an Oracle rep after looking on their website, he told me about the "JDE learning Subscription" package which is the current package for training for the certification which is $4995 for 1 year. (The package that is on the web is obsolete he said. So I had to do a search by name of the new package). Anyway, when I asked whether it has sample questions from the certification or practice exams, he says not anymore.
Among other things, I see the exam topics include Install, Upgrade, and Configure, Architecture, Performance, and Troubleshooting.

1) I know these certs have been around for some time now. But how many people are really taking these?
2) Have any one of you taken the CNC certification?
3) How hard it is it?
4) Does it have a lot of implementation questions? Because I do not have that experience.
5) With my experience, do you think I can pass it?
6) Do you know of a website that I can check out some sample questions? This is my biggest fear, going to the exam without knowing what kind of questions I will get.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!

Mali

I have it, but I don't think it's a particularly useful certification to have outside of being a consultant. There was a good deal of implementation related stuff, but nothing deep. I think some of the more obscure questions were around OCI and where to get 1-click stuff (which is of no use to you.) I don't think there are any sample questions anywhere, but I think as long as you study most of what's here https://docs.oracle.com/en/applications/jd-edwards/index.html, you should be okay. I think there were alot of UDO related questions as well if I remember right.

Again, it's really not the most useful certification to have. You'd be better served learning than worry about the test, especially as a developer.

That should have read "You'd be better served learning some of the newer Orchestrator type stuff than worry about a CNC test". Sorry about that. Where'd the edit post button go? :)

I agree with @TFZ. I have the cert but unless your employer is planning to give you a raise if you pass the exam, it's not worth much. The education you get from working with JDE is much more valuable. Being a developer with the quasi-CNC skills you already seem to have makes you more versatile/valuable than most others. Also, expanding your knowledge of Orchestrator, Cafe1, etc. would be a very good idea. Have fun!

I have it, but I don't think it's a particularly useful certification to have outside of being a consultant. There was a good deal of implementation related stuff, but nothing deep. I think some of the more obscure questions were around OCI and where to get 1-click stuff (which is of no use to you.) I don't think there are any sample questions anywhere, but I think as long as you study most of what's here https://docs.oracle.com/en/applications/jd-edwards/index.html, you should be okay. I think there were alot of UDO related questions as well if I remember right.

Again, it's really not the most useful certification to have. You'd be better served learning than worry about the test, especially as a developer.
Thank you, TFZ, for the information!

I agree with @TFZ. I have the cert but unless your employer is planning to give you a raise if you pass the exam, it's not worth much. The education you get from working with JDE is much more valuable. Being a developer with the quasi-CNC skills you already seem to have makes you more versatile/valuable than most others. Also, expanding your knowledge of Orchestrator, Cafe1, etc. would be a very good idea. Have fun!
Thanks for the suggestions, Stewart! I have started on those but not an expert I will expand on those areas.

Back