JDE Approval Dollar Limits

Dee9835

Help, we are using JDE approvals with dollar limits; however, it appears we cannot enter an amount less than $1.00. If we leave the field blank it defauts to $1.00, when we really want it to go to the approver even if the requisition price is left blank. Can this be done in JDE?

You should be able to put in zero. Check the data dictionary for field ALIM and see if there is a default value.

[ QUOTE ]
Can this be done in JDE?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the approval amount must be greater than zero. There is a PO Approval white paper that states this.

OK, if you can't do zero then why not $.01, how can you get around the no zero to ensure everything is approved?

Ours is set to zero and it works fine. There is no default value in the data dictionary.

According to my experience, it should be more than 1. I asked the user to add at least 1(amount) for an order.

Though white paper states that amount should not be 'Zero'
I have used 'Zero' for clients on E1 8.11 SP1 and E1 9.0; it is working fine.

I worked on a site many years ago whereby all credit orders were also required to go through the approval process. The only way to achieve this was to SQL a negative number into the F43008
Unfortunately everytime a user amended the approval route we would have to reinsert the minus sign in the APALIM
In hindsight mod-ing the P43008 to allow negatives would have been a better approach.

Back