JDE and Vertex won't play nice

AllisonD

Well Known Member
JDE and Vertex won\'t play nice

We are running ERP8 SP23 with Vertex 3.1.5 on an Testbox 810 1-Way running V5R2.

We have set up Vertex identical to production except for the version which was 2.1.11 on B7332 SP21. We can do the local test for Vertex successfully VERQSUT315/VSTTEST(cdf). Passes no problem, and even writes to the Register Database and we can produce the report showing geocodes and tax data having been selected and written to the Register. Try running P73GEO within JDE and it doesn't error out but it doesn't retrieve data either. We have tried all wildcards, specific State, County, City, and Zip, and combinations in between but nothing was found. Tried turning on the logging for Quantum under the G731 menu, Constants(P7306), and selecting Quantum Log from the Form Exit row. No log is ever produced. I'm Fresh out of ideas folks and would appreciate any input that can shortcut this issue. We're on a very tight time line trying to get from B7332 SP21 V5R2 on our 730 8-way to our new 520 1-way V5R3.

RE: JDE and Vertex won\'t play nice

I know that one of the issues we had to get around was the firewall that the
network people placed between the two softwares.

Re: RE: JDE and Vertex won\'t play nice

Elaborate on that if you could please. How does a firewall get between two interfaced applications sitting on an iSeries 810?

Hi,
We're having the same issue at my site. We upgraded Vertex on our Dev/CRP AS400 from 2.0.19 to 3.1.5. We are running XE with service pack 21_G1. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

cncjunior,

Give this a try, add your VERTEX Source Library to the library list of ONEWORLD and instead of using a VERTEX user id use ONEWORLD and it's password. It worked for us. I thought it might be just the library addition to the ONEWORLD LIBL but when I changed it back to the User Id VERTEXADMT P73GEO failed again. This doesn't make much sense to me but it worked. Go figure. I'm going to do a compare between the iSeries user id's of VERTEXADMT and ONEWORLD to see if perhaps something was lacking in VERTEXADMT's id. Let me know if it works for you.

Back