E9.2 JDE and Carbon Black Malware

hogn2dise

hogn2dise

Is anyone running JDE on servers that have VMWare Carbon Black malware protection running? If so, how are you configuring CB so it does not impact or impede your JDE activities or processing? I am experiencing some random problems in JDE with CB running. A specific example is installing thick client Full/Update packages take an inordinate amount of time to complete (or they timeout and fail) unless CB is disabled or set to run in bypass mode. I am interested in feedback on experiences and/or configurations that have been implemented to resolve operational and or performance issues related to CB.

Carbon Black and JDE to not play nice. I will get some details for what we did and post a follow-up here

tboat00. did you ever have a chance to gather some details on how how dealt with your CB installation and how it impacts JDE? Appreciate any feedback.

For most things JDE, have the CB admin put it in discovery/audit mode, at least I think that is what it is called. Then, let it run for a couple weeks and create the CB rules from the results. However, that still won't solve the package install issue because the file signatures change (obviously, otherwise there would be nothing to install). The easiest thing for that is to make the c:\E920 directory an exception. You may also need to include the directory that you have WLS installed as an exception.

Back