JDE & Active Directory Rename

Luisfer

Dear’s experts,
My scenario consists of almost 700 users, only 100 have access to our JD Edwards One World Xe (B7333). Also, I have not more than 10 fat-clients, all others users use Citrix to Access JDE. The JDE topology consist of 3 servers (Production,Development,Database) all using dedicate hardware, and are based on windows 2003 / SQL 2005. The JDE authentication method is integrated to our active directory (I believe SingleSign-on). So the users just open the citrix app shortcut, select the environment (usually PD733) and then JDE App opens. as simple as it can get.

Now this is where the things go tricky:

Due to a company acquisition, I need to update the domain name of my active directory to match the new company name. To do this, I’m planning using the Microsoft procedure and perform a "domain rename". (If you are not familiar, it’s renaming the name of the actual domain, but the SID and all the other attributes remain intact. It’s more like changing the label of the domain). Actually the AD domain is: MYOLDCOMPANY.COM and the renamed name will be: JDELIST.US

However, I’m a little familiar with JDE, and I’m sure I don’t have the experience to be 100% sure if this change will impact JDE. This is the part that I’m requesting your help; please could you tell me if this procedure is supported by JD Edwards / Oracle? And I will appreciate a lot if you could provide me real life experience doing this change, some tips, advice, documentation will be great, that could help-me to prepare my JDE Servers.

Right now I’m building a test scenario in which I will execute the procedure; this scenario will be an exact copy of my production servers.

Thanks you in advance and Have a nice day,

LuisFer.

Back