JDE 9.2 Standalone Client Install Error

TechDude97

When I try to install the JDE 9.2.0 E1 Standalone Client I get the following error in my log:
INFO: 11/20/16 20:10:38.882 File C:\E920_1\package.inf does not exist.
INFO: 11/20/16 20:10:38.883 File does not exist.
INFO: 11/20/16 20:10:38.883 Package validation failed. An existing package is installed, but we cannot get information about its database from the file C:\E920_1\package.inf.
INFO: 11/20/16 20:10:38.883 Validation of package in file C:\Users\user\Documents\ORACLE\JD Edwards EnterpriseOne STDALONE\standalone\package_inf\DEMO.inf failed!!! Package validation failed. An existing package is installed, but we cannot get information about its database from the file C:\E920_1\package.inf.

NOTE: I tried installing JDE 9.2.0 before, removed it completely and now tried again. The database is fine, just have to get the client installed. This error comes right when I select the package and click "Next".

Hello TechDude97,
1. Please make sure you are complying with all the required Oracle MTR's for JDE installation and following official installation instruction.
2. I strongly recommend using some kind of virtualisation software for JDE standalone installation. This would allow you to use snapshot functionality and rollback to any previously saved snapshots. I found this to be very useful because it saves so much time while setting and tweaking (occasionally breaking) JDE standalone.

Back