JDE 9.1 Demo Install on Windows 8.1. Configuration Assistants Do Not Get Created

bakerzoid

bakerzoid

Hi Folks,

I am attempting to install JDE 9.1 Standalone on a Windows 8.1 laptop. Actually two different laptops. One of which is a pristine 8.1 environment.

On both machines, the "EnterpriseOne E910 Standalone Client" part processes 82 percent of the way to completion and stops due to an error encountered building the Configuration Assistants. The first indication of "trouble" in the install actions log appears to be the log below. Is the failure destined to occur on every install regardless? Or are there measures available to avoid the error prior to run the install.

INFO: 07/06/15 20:03:17.377 Cannot install third party application WEBDEVOBJS_WEBDEVOBJS_1. Cannot get information about the application from file C:\Standalone_9.10\package_inf\feature_inf\WEBDEVOBJS.INF. Path ThirdParty\WebDevFeature\OH4A\install does not exist.
INFO: 07/06/15 20:03:17.377 E1ThirdPartyApp.getThirdPartyApp: Cannot get the third party app installer WEBDEVOBJS_WEBDEVOBJS_1 from C:\Standalone_9.10\package_inf\feature_inf\WEBDEVOBJS.INF.
INFO: 07/06/15 20:03:17.377 <<<<< E1ThirdPartyApp.getThirdPartyApp
INFO: 07/06/15 20:03:17.377 Cannot run the installer for feature WEBDEVOBJS.
INFO: 07/06/15 20:03:17.377 <<<<< Feature.installThirdPartyApps
INFO: 07/06/15 20:03:17.377 <<<<< FeaturesCA.invoke; returning false
Command = FeaturesCA has failed

INFO: Configuration assistant "Install Features" failed
INFO: The "C:\JDEdwards\E910_1\cfgtoollogs\configToolFailedCommands" script contains all commands that failed, were skipped or were cancelled. This file may be used to run these configuration assistants outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with passwords (if any) before executing the same.

Is the information below sufficient to correct the error and build Configuration assistants? It is unclear to me exactly how to decipher it and effectively incorporate it into a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO:
The Runconfig command constructed is C:\JDEdwards\E910_1\oui\bin\runConfig.bat ORACLE_HOME=C:\JDEdwards\E910_1 MODE=perform ACTION=configure RERUN=false $*
INFO: Since there is an Internal Plugin Invocation or a Java Plugin Invocation tool in the Oracle Home C:\JDEdwards\E910_1 we use the runConfig Command instead of the plugin's command
INFO: Created a new file C:\JDEdwards\E910_1\cfgtoollogs\configToolFailedCommands
INFO: Since the option is to overwrite the existing C:\JDEdwards\E910_1\cfgtoollogs\configToolFailedCommands file, backing it up
INFO: The backed up file name is C:\JDEdwards\E910_1\cfgtoollogs\configToolFailedCommands.bak
SEVERE: OUI-25031:Some of the configuration assistants failed/cancelled. It is strongly recommended that you retry the configuration assistants at this time. Not successfully running any "Recommended" assistants means your system will not be correctly configured.
1. Check the Details panel on the Configuration Assistant Screen to see the errors resulting in the failures.
2. Fix the errors causing these failures.
3. Select the failed assistants and click the 'Retry' button to retry them.
INFO: User Selected: Yes/OK

INFO: --------------------------------------
INFO: The "C:\JDEdwards\E910_1\cfgtoollogs\configToolFailedCommands" script contains all commands that failed, were skipped or were cancelled. This file may be used to run these configuration assistants outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with passwords (if any) before executing the same.
INFO: The "C:\JDEdwards\E910_1\cfgtoollogs\configToolAllCommands" script contains all commands to be executed by the configuration assistants. This file may be used to run the configuration assistants outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with passwords (if any) before executing the same.
INFO:
The Runconfig command constructed is C:\JDEdwards\E910_1\oui\bin\runConfig.bat ORACLE_HOME=C:\JDEdwards\E910_1 MODE=perform ACTION=configure RERUN=false $*
INFO: Since there is an Internal Plugin Invocation or a Java Plugin Invocation tool in the Oracle Home C:\JDEdwards\E910_1 we use the runConfig Command instead of the plugin's command
INFO: Since the option is to overwrite the existing C:\JDEdwards\E910_1\cfgtoollogs\configToolFailedCommands file, backing it up
INFO: The backed up file name is C:\JDEdwards\E910_1\cfgtoollogs\configToolFailedCommands.bak.1
SEVERE: OUI-25029:One or more "Recommended" configuration assistants have not completed successfully. Not successfully running any "Recommended" assistant means your system will not be correctly configured.

The first thing I see is 'configToolFailedCo mmands' all over, is this a cut and paste issue? If not, I'd check into that

Hi Tom. The diagnostic is repeated several times. Have been looking into it I am also concerned about this one:

"Cannot install third party application WEBDEVOBJS_WEBDEVOBJS". Any ideas as to how this error could be corrected?
Jack

Have succeeded in getting 9.1 installed on a Windows 7 and a Windows 8.1 machine. Applications will not launch on 8.1.

Have succeeded in getting 9.1 installed on a Windows 7 and a Windows 8.1 machine. Applications will not launch on 8.1.
What errors do you see in the jde.log?
Also check the jas logs; typically inside \E910\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\log.

Are you able to launch applications like BV / P01012 etc?

Will take a look Glen. Tried launching P0010. The jitti took place but the screen did not load. Nothing. Tried several other programs from fast path and they did not work. Do I need to load/install the tool set or anything else?

Hi All

Checked the jas log and did not see anything catastrophic.

However the JDEROOT log had this.
com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [INVALID_DATASOURCE_TYPE] Type Override for DataSource LOCAL is not supported.
02 Sep 2015 12:19:35,982 [SEVERE] - [BASE] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [INVALID_DATASOURCE_TYPE] Type Override for DataSource LOCAL is not supported. com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [INVALID_DATASOURCE_TYPE] Type Override for DataSource LOCAL is not supported.

Anyone have an idea? If someone has installed 9.1 on Windows 8.1 would you send me or post the following 3 files:
jde.ini
jas.ini
jdbini

Would like to compare the settings from a working install to mine.

Thanks,

Jack

Hi Jack- I had many problems installing JDE Demo - comparable to the problems you are having.

You can either 1) install on a Windows 7 box or 2) install inside of an Oracle VM Virtual Box using Windows 7 on any machine

Please follow the Youtube below - it made my installation flawless!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viVv8czK2EM

I invested in an old PC that had a Windows 7 operating system - wiped it clean and put JDE Demo there. So far (fingers crossed) I have not had any problems with the demo version.

With the correct tools release, yes, you can install JDE EnterpriseOne 9.1 or 9.2 on Windows 10. Tools Release 9.2.0.0 supports Windows 10 - and that tools release can be applied to EnterpriseOne 9.1

However, Tools Release 9.1.5.x and all prior versions do not "certify" Windows 10. Therefore you should be careful what version you're installing.

If you're planning on installed Standalone only - then install 9.2

Back