JDB_AddTableToDBCache problems

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
I am trying to use JDB_AddTableToDBCache but I am getting the following warning:

JDB3800028 - Warning... the application is not allowed to perform this action. The F5642P10 table will not be cached.

Is there some additional configuration I need to do?

Just one thing to consider...are you using this in an interactive application? If so, my guess is that is may only be available in batch (UBE).

I have no experience using this, so this is only a guess. Let us know what you find.

Your assumption is correct, I am calling from an APPL. And your guess is probably a pretty good one. I haven't found much on Oracles site, but the little I have found does seem to talk about UBEs.

I stumbled upon this post when searching for JDB3800028 which I'm seeing in the jdedebug.log at one of our clients. I'm getting this in localweb when running P48201->P17714, for F4801 and F4801T. No custom logic involved. Demo 9.0 gives the same warning in the jdedebug.log. Weird. (The issue I'm working on is that changes to a workorder are not saved when clicking on 'OK' in localweb. Demo 9.0 has the same issue I noticed. Dunno yet if it's related to that warning message at all).

I was trying to cache a table in memory through an API call instead of adding the table to the list of tales to cache in (whatever application or udc you do that in). It wasn't working. The error or warning I got was simply stating that it was basically ignoring my request to cache the table. This is strictly for performance so it shouldn't cause any issue or logic problems.

BTW, I think as someone else in this thread pointed out, that API call will only work if it is essentially invoked while running a UBE.

Ok. The point I was trying to make is that even some of the vanilla apps cause this warning.

We too had faced the same issue in demo. Seems a bug in demo that the workorder changes are not commited when OK is clicked but it worked correctly on the client server.
The api error is nothing to do with it.It simply didn't work in demo.We used the workbeck application to do the transaction.

Back