E9.2 JD Edwards One-Click Provisioning : docker_single_instance

ONYX

ONYX

Well Known Member
Hi All,
Has anyone tried installing jde stack on local virtual machine(s) using Ansible, Terraform, Docker from JD Edwards One-Click Provisioning ?
Just trying to understand whether it worth spending time...

JD Edwards One-Click Provisioning 3.7 for Apps 9.2 Tools 9.2.5.3 ->
OracleCloudInfrastructure\samples\docker_single_instance

ansible
terraform
terraform_ansible_docker_container
clone-dir.sh
deploy-jde.sh
jde_util.sh
jde_variables.sh.template
README.md

I don't do it on any of the above platforms. But I do have a template I do in VMWare. The only gotcha is when you create the template make sure the oracle listener looks at localhost and not hostname.

I don't do it on any of the above platforms. But I do have a template I do in VMWare. The only gotcha is when you create the template make sure the oracle listener looks at localhost and not hostname.
Hi Tom,
Can you please clarify whether you are talking about spinning up a jde stack using One-Click Provisioning or VMWare vm/template which contains preinstalled servers?

Regards,
Serge.

We have a VM Template we use for Fat Clients. After I do the oracle install, I go in and change the local_listener to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)). This allows the oracle instance to be templated because it no longer looks at the machine name. Then I add the fat client, and the VM ware group turns it into a template. Once its a template there is a VMWare process that can make a 'real' machine out of the template.

Tom

Back