JD Edwards E1 Service Ends

Chris Quinn

For JD Edwards EOne Rel 9.1, TR 9.1.5.7, Windows Server 2008, Oracle 11g 11.2.0.4 DB, Weblogic 10.3.5.0. Twice this week, our users reported the JDE was very slow until at some point it stopped working. When I looked on the Enterprise Server, the JDE service had stopped on its own.

Has anyone encountered the Event Viewer messages below? Has anyone any incite on how to troubleshoot this? What is this UMEngx32.dll?

The Windows event viewer shows these messages:

1) The description for Event ID 105 from source JDE 910 B9 Network cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

---------------------------------------------------

2) Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: BEX
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: jdenet_k.exe
P2: 1.0.0.1
P3: 5625c261
P4: UMEngx86.dll_unloaded
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 56cb9e1a
P7: 6f288430
P8: c0000005
P9: 00000008
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\administrator.JDE\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9FA0.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\administrator.JDE\AppData\Local\Temp\WERB7B4.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\administrator.JDE\AppData\Local\Temp\WERB831.tmp.hdmp
C:\Users\administrator.JDE\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE6E0.tmp.mdmp

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_jdenet_k.exe_545d8da3c34de12e36a7ed6b33bfd93234e572_cab_3f3e58d0

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 04c6ea9e-f93e-11e5-b042-005056b134bb
Report Status: 0

-------------------------------------------------------

3) Faulting application name: jdenet_k.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5625c261
Faulting module name: UMEngx86.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56cb9e1a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x6f284f0e
Faulting process id: 0x230c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d18c012fabae7d
Faulting application path: E:\JDEdwardsPPack\E910\system\bin32\jdenet_k.exe
Faulting module path: UMEngx86.dll
Report Id: 059d79fc-f93e-11e5-b042-005056b134bb

Thanks.
Chris

What do Enterprise Server logs say ? Looks like something is causing the kernels to crash. I would take it up with Oracle Support

Windows event may be after the fact.

Users may be click scroll to end again and again to browse the data?
How many JVM you have?

Hi Chris

I guess this is the issue, all users login to one JVM and services can not handle the request, specially when users click do "Scroll to End" arrow button. I don't know if you secure that button from users.

Find if you have new users who may doing that as they don't know initially. This is my guess there may be other area you need to look e.g your Ent connection to the DB server if you don't have combo box, but investigate first from application side first as I explained and don't shy open the case with Oracle.

Hi Adeel,

Yes, I have quite a few new users and will need to explain the proper use of GoTo End, by narrowing the search so that the grid size is limited.

Another area of abuse may be grid import/paste.

Can I run multiple JVM on JDE Web Server? If so, where are the instructions for configuring that?

Thanks.
Chris

You can run multiple JVM by configuring a different HTML instance on a different port, and then utilizing load-balancing to load-balance users between the two different ports. Unfortunately, this is the only way to do this on a single machine - and its actually just better to have multiple JVM's across multiple machines, especially in a virtualized environment - because trying to put all your eggs into one basket isn't wise.

However, it sounded like your issue had nothing to do with the weblogic instance - that instead, the JDE Kernels stopped running. People are misdirecting your issue because of a perceived issue they might have encountered in the past with the Weblogic instance. Instead, you need to look at the Enterprise Server LOG files, and identify the logs at the point that services stopped. More than likely they will provide a reason why the kernels all stopped at once. Perhaps you had a network issue ? perhaps something on the windows server killed the kernels such as antivirus or some sort of intrusion detection ?

So, the first answer was the better answer. Check the logs. If the weblogic instance is still running, then its unlikely that the weblogic caused the kernels to all crash at once.

Back