JAS and JDEROOT Log Files on Enterprise Server

• Thread starter brother_of_karamazov
  • Start date

brother_of_karamazov

Legendary Poster
"It is well known that JD Edwards EnterpriseOne splatters logs and temporary files all over the place. As the application has gotten more complex with added components such as Web servers, Java Application servers, Server Manager, etc. the sheer number of log files generated in wildly varying locations has notably increased and keeping track of and managing all these logs files is a chore.

Here's an example:

Go to your Enterprise Server and open the C:\JDEdwards\E900\DDP\system\bin32 directory, the one that is supposed to contain only the E1 binary files."

http://jeffstevenson.karamazovgroup.com/2011/09/enterpriseone-jas-and-jderoot-log-files.html

Thanks!
These are on our regular maintenance to be deleted. Far better to turn them off as you describe.

We are currently tracking down where all the log locations are stored to be redirected to one location for easier cleaning/searching. I look forward to your future logs blogs.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks!
These are on our regular maintenance to be deleted. Far better to turn them off as you describe.

We are currently tracking down where all the log locations are stored to be redirected to one location for easier cleaning/searching. I look forward to your future logs blogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. It is my intention to hound Oracle into stopping unnecessary logging so maybe those locations will be fewer and easier to manage.

Back