Jargon overrides?

SJackson

Hi all,
how do I change the row/col/alpha decriptions for data items in the F1201 when they are used by a set of customised applications/reports (system 56). How does jargon code get used? Is it too late now that the reports have been written, should we use vocabulary overrides?
thanks
Siobhan

Siobhan,
This is a typical issue when the sytem configuration information (mainly OW release level) is basicly important.
How is Jargon used and how OW handles Vocabulary Overrides are basicly various from release to release.

Please, supply these information for us instead of letting us to answer all possible scenario.

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

yes, should have mentioned it - B733, version SP11.3
I had another try with vocab overrides and found how to change them. Its a bit remote, having to have a package to push them through to the thin clients. Isn't there anything else more immediate?!?!
thanks

Siobhan,

Some monthes ago I have shared some thoughts on the Developers Forum and later, Eric copied it onto the "One World / XE Tips and Traps" board of this Great Forum. You can find it with the subject "JARGON (or SYSTEM) AND FORM OVERRIDES IN DATA DICT" under the "Tips & Traps [contibutions]" titled thread.
I copy this post now for you here:
======================================================================
JARGON (or SYSTEM) AND FORM OVERRIDES IN DATA DICTIONARY
========================================================
B732:
====
It does not work by our experiences.

B7331:
=====
Alpha Description:
---------------------------
This is the title of the balloon help calling it up with a right mouse click on a selected control of a form.
Form level overrides will appear under the original help text on the specific form, the overriden title do not, only the glossary (help) text.
System level overrides cause effect:
a.) Running from OL: when the System Code of the Appl matches
b.) Running from OW Explorer menu: when the System Code of the Menu Selection matches
System level overrides replace the original help, the title and the text too.

Row/Column descriptions:
--------------------------------------
You can enter only System level (Jargon) override.
It cause effect like Alpha (see above) further only on controls which are not overriden on the form.
In this situation the Row and Column descriptions will replaced whith the overrides on the form.

If you have language overrides too then the story is more complex.
======================================================================
Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back