J.D. Edwards EnterpriseOne and Green Accounting ?

altquark

altquark

Legendary Poster
Hi Guys

I'm wondering whether any version of EnterpriseOne has introduced some sort of Green Accounting module for Manufacturing processes ?

I recently had a question about this, and I think that Oracle has some information on their website that talks GENERALLY about sustainability :

[ QUOTE ]

More companies are looking to Oracle Applications to help them manage, execute, and measure their green initiatives. By combining lean and green practices, companies can potentially save millions of dollars a year by reducing production and energy costs. With the product capabilities and breadth of Oracle Applications, we can help our customers go green.

* Supply chains have a significant impact on the environment-from the inception of a product, to the sourcing and make-up of its components, to its transportation, to the management of its end of life
* Sustainability reporting, planning and management provide data and metrics that are critical to fact-based decision-making and sound environmental management
* Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) management helps organizations improve Green Compliance by formalizing the scope around green initiatives, establishing targets for improving environmental performance, and then measuring progress against these targets.
* Customer Relationship Management (CRM) customer self-service, e-billing, and contact center solutions can reduce the waste caused by paper-based systems and minimize energy and fuel consumption

[/ QUOTE ]
So, from this, I presume there really isn't any reporting or activity within JD Edwards EnterpriseOne that can monitor this sort of activity, but the question is - is there demand for such activities ?

Back