Itera HA rollover test with J D Edwards 8.12

jcope

We're about ready to do a first failover rollover test with JDE and Itera HA 5.0. We are using separate IP for Itera mirroring. The hosts have separate name and IP address. What are the changes necessary to get JDE to run on the backup box after the failover? The Iseries are 525's with V5R4. JDE is at 8.12 (just upgraded). Need some pointers please. Thank all responses. The JDENTS server is external to the I5.

Hi jcope,
You should get help from Vision Solutions iTera tech support on this. I will be interested to hear from you about your success in doing a fail-over because we have NOT YET performed a fail-over to our HA which is on a separate I.P. subnet. Our production is 10.0.0.5 and our HA machine is 10.2.0.6.

Hi Fencebuilder, I have yet to get info from Itera. I do not think they have any customers with JDE. I am continuing my search and even looking at other products. If Itera knows this, maybe they will provide some info, huh?? Just wanted to let you know, I still have no answer.

Quite a surprise that you responded to my post from last year. We have iTera Echo2 and JDE World. I bet that many of the iTera sites use JDE World. Eric

jcope,

I work with two clients who use itera with EnterpriseOne, the rest use Mimix. Both are now owned by Vision Solutions and use IBM's remote journaling capabilities as the primary technology.

-Ethan

Hi Ethan, Have your clients performed a full roll swap and if so how smooth was it? I am curious.
Johnny

Johnny,

Sorry I have been off-line for a bit...
Yes, clients have done full role swaps with iTera and Mimix. The process is complicated by the relational database name which requires deletion of system SQL package and and IPL. So, it takes up to an hour (depending on many factors regarding the system) but the swaps go well.

-Ethan

Back