Item Master and UNSPSC/Commodity Codes

larondet

I'm looking for a Program that will populate the Commodity Code and the UNSPSC Code on the Additional Info tab on the Item Master Revision form (W4101A). The table I need to populate as a cross reference is F40540 but I'm really hoping there is an upload for this table. I can't imagine going into each Item to enter the Commodity Code and the UNSPSC Code.

I'm running JDE 8.12 currently and will be upgrading to 9.1 by the end of the year.

Any comments or direction would be appreciated? Does anyone have any experience with UNSPSC and Commodity Structure in JDE?

Thanks All

Tammy

Hi Tammy,

You might want to consider having a developer write a table conversion or Z-report. We are working on a direct Excel-to-E1 template for item master (additions and changes), but it probably will not be ready until Q4 this year.

Please see attached for more information on the screens and tables I'm using to upload the UNSPSC Codes. Main issue is I don't feel I should have to upload the UNSPSC Codes one at a time for each item in the Item Master. Cross Reference table F40540 should have an upload function somewhere. If anyone has experience with this are please let me know.

Attachments

• 184025-UNSPSC and Commodity Structure.pdf
    485.3 KB · Views: 161
Maybe I will need to investigate that. I don't have the expertise to develop a Z Report. I do currently have an excel upload for the Item Master but the problem is that the UNSPSC code was not a valid field in the Item Master table. The Cross Reference Table F40540 is the table that needs to be populated in order to get the cross reference between the item and the UNSPSC code. This will give us great cost analysis abilities.

Back