Issue Lock on F03B11 vs R03B50A....R03B50A freezing

fauberte

fauberte

Well Known Member
Hi,

In the automatic Cash Receipt, We are running R03B551, that call R03B50 and our execution list that has only R03B50A as part of the execution list.
We have frequently a high level of invoices to match.

E1, version 9.1, Tools 9.1.5

Ex: We have multiple customers that pays 200-300 invoices at the time (ex: 100-200$ an invoice) and send a 20-30K check.
When we have volume like this, the R03B50A simply freeze and loop.

We found this on oracle support:

In release 9.0, why does Invoice Selection Match (R03B50A) lock the database for the Customer Ledger (F03B11) table? ( Doc ID 2023712.1 ) and apply the workaround of: A workaround is to change the Rowset Size=1000 in the [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] section of the Enterprise server jde.ini.

But the problem is instead of freezing at 80 invoices, we freeze at 160 invoices as per the statement

FINAL DISPOSITION ROLLING LETTER =====================
If the RowSet Size is 1000 or above, the Default Rowset Buffer length can be
doubled.So RowSet can go upto 160 records.This can be done by setting the
RowSet Size to 1000 in the JDE.ini.This resolved the issue.

We aren't getting anywhere. Our automatic cash receipts process down and the cash receipt department has to manually match the cash receipts. Creating crisis.
Anybody from this group faced that situation? We can't imagine 160 records is the maximum for large Customer.

Thanks to all.

Few things to check: I had this issue.

-is the execution list attached to the customer F03012?
-you could try creating a separate version of the R03B551 for that customer with the issue?
-did you verify that the execution list is correctly populating to the F03B13 when it is generated? We had an issue with this.
-I also added another algorithm to the execution list.

Hi Al,

NO, it's through the processing of R03B551 and R03B50 but we are now looking at having them in the Customer master AB file.

-you could try creating a separate version of the R03B551 for that customer with the issue?

We did and got the same issue. The problem is we never know in advance with Customer will be in that scenario unless AR Department get a report in advance with stats. There is over ten thousands of customers

-did you verify that the execution list is correctly populating to the F03B13 when it is generated? We had an issue with this.
Yes, it was in F03B13. No issue there.

Can you tell me more about that algorithm?

Thanks for your response!

NO, it's through the processing of R03B551 and R03B50 but we are now looking at having them in the Customer master AB file. YES BUT IT ALSO NEEDS TO BE ATTACHED TO THE CUSTOMER MASTER RECORD.

We did and got the same issue. The problem is we never know in advance with Customer will be in that scenario unless AR Department get a report in advance with stats. There is over ten thousands of customers YOU COULD HAVE SEPARATE VERSIONS IF NEEDED AND THEY COULD ALL RUN ON SCHEDULER OR BE TRIGGERED EVERY DAY MANUALLY AND EVEN IF THERE ARE NO CASH RECORDS TO PROCESS IT WILL SIMPLY RUN WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING.

Yes, it was in F03B13. No issue there.

Can you tell me more about that algorithm? YES I WILL GO THROUGH MY NOTES AND PROVIDE THE INFORMATION THAT I USED.

Thanks AL...We submitted the case to Oracle Support and they seems willing to escalated the issue.
The users will also test with having the execution list in the Customer Master AB file as per your recommendation.

Thanks for your help. Once I will have a viable results, we will this post updated!

Here is a setup document that might help you as well.

Attachments

• auto cash NINE steps.pdf
    69.9 KB · Views: 18
Thank Al...We will focus on having the execution list in the Customer Master AB file. All others steps we are good...

Thanks for your great input!

Back