iSeries - Unable to Hold Jobs

sashton

sashton

Reputable Poster
We are running on an iSeries and I have tried it with 8.98.1.3 and 8.98.3.2. When I submit a job to queue, before the job goes to P - Processing, while it is still at W - Waiting, I use the row exit to place the job on H - Hold. Work Submitted Job shows the job on Hold, but from the iSeries side, the job goes into work active jobs and completes anyway. Anyone else see this same behavior? Does the Hold row exit not work for iSeries servers?

I see the same behavior on ERP 8.0 on an iSeries.

When I need to hold waiting jobs running on an iSeries Enterprise Server , I hold them using Ops Navigator, that works fine. You can of course achieve the same from the green screen also

On Windows and Unix enterprise servers the hold and release works fine

Another way to handle that if you running jobs from a CL.

SBMJOB CMD(RUNUBE USER(xxxxxxxx) PASSWORD(yyyyyyyy) +
ENVIRON(PD812) REPORT(R5542BO) +
VERSION(OPS42001) JOBQ(JDE006) HOLD(*NO) +
OWPRINTER('QUSRSYS/CS177')) JOB(R5542BO) +
JOBQ(JDE007) HOLD(*YES)

We have several CL's using this at night to give more control to our operat ors over the release of jobs from the job queues. The operator can then release in mass or piece meal depending on what's going on at the time.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On B ehalf Of ice_cube210
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 3:06 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: iSeries - Unable to Hold Jobs

I see the same behavior on ERP 8.0 on an iSeries.

When I need to hold waiting jobs running on an iSeries Enterprise Server , I hold them using Ops Navigator, that works fine.

On Windows and Unix enterprise servers the hold and release works fine

EnterpriseOne Xe to 8.12 Wintel/ Unix Oracle , SQL Server WAS , OAS AppWorx , Tidal

Re: RE: iSeries - Unable to Hold Jobs

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately we are needing this capability within E1 for end users. I will have to use hyper exit security to remove the HOLD button as it appears to not work.

Can someone tell me the relevance of the W986110BB form? It is called the AS/400 Job Master Search but I am unclear as to what invokes this form as opposed to the W986110BA form. This could be where my problem lies. If you are on an iSeries should your Work Submitted Jobs link take you to the A form or the B form?

Unfortunately, on every version of E1 I have ever used, the Hold button has never worked for jobs on the AS/400.

We too have this issue. Bug 8844259 We also have a similar issue with the 'Delete' Button(Bug 8951875), the record in wsj is deleted but the job continues as normal on the as400. These bug where in development last I looked. An other fun one is when jobs process on the as400 but show in WSJ with an error staus until they complete, then they change to a done status. But that is suppose to be fixed with tools 8.96

Jane
8.10 Tools 8.94
AS400 V5R3

This was fixed for us in 8.97

Back