iSeries and Toad Questions

maikeru-sama

1) For iSeries, I am getting an error when I try to run queries. I am not at work, so I don't know the exact error but it has something to with invalid syntax when I use "Schema/F0411"

For example: "SELECT * FROM Schema/F0411", it says I need to use another authorative syntax instead of SQL Syntax. Now in my ODBC, I go to the proper ODBC Connection and change one of the tab values to go by SQL name and it still gives me the error. This leads me to my second question.

2) We have Development, Test, Prototype and Production data. In iSeries, when I choose to build SQL Statement, how do I know which environment I am querying? All you have to do is choose your AS/400 in the tree and then choose to build SQL statement, but I don't know which environment I am hitting, so I am probably changing the wrong property in ODBC connection I mentioned in Question 1.

3) Does Toad not support AS/400 OS400? I don't think it does, but I wanted to talk to some who are familiar with it first. In the OS dropdown, there is no option for OS400.

Thanks

Say you want to query the F0411 in Production, you would need to Right Click on the Schema and add the table you want to query.

So, for example I go to my ODBC's and the Business Data - PROD (click Configure) and on the Server tab, it shows me ACCTDATA in the SQL default library and under Business Data - TEST it shows DEVDTA.

So for Production it would be ACCTDATA and Development it would be DEVDTA. Go into the table you want to query and click on "Run an SQL script".

Wish I could get Toad working too.

Back