E9.2 Is there an application to test a BSFN?

Felipe Vidal

Hi,

I'm trying to convert the BLOB file of a data structure pulled from F98743. However, using UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_VARCHAR2, HETTORAW & DBMS_LOB.SUBSTR is giving me weird results. I have relied on these functions to convert versions' BLOBs. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

My query is
[SELECT
DTOBNM,
UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_VARCHAR2(HEXTORAW(REPLACE(DBMS_LOB.SUBSTR(DTERBLOB, 900), '00', '')))
FROM PD920.F98743 WHERE DTOBNM = 'D0101201';]

The result I'm getting is "ßs8ßï¯`xjoæjK®sS§C..." (& much more) which... says nothing

What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps because its non-character data ...
But is there a way to be able to read the data structure parameters as we can with a version?
In a version, converting the BLOB to a string would give us the parameters, couldn't something similar be done to a Data Structure for the list of fields?

But is there a way to be able to read the data structure parameters as we can with a version?
In a version, converting the BLOB to a string would give us the parameters, couldn't something similar be done to a Data Structure for the list of fields?
A BLOB is what it's name explains, a binary large object. How it is used can be different in each implementation. As far as E1 "specs" (the F987* tables), current releases store XML that is compressed.

Craig

Your subject line asked "Is there an application to test a BSFN?"

Yes there is. You can use Object Browser: http://www.patwel.com/downloads/
Yeah, sorry, I couldn't change the subject after I created it, but I was intending to ask the two things.
I might take a look at those, actually. I'm not sure I'll be authorized to use them (org policies), was expecting something more "pristine". Thanks!

A BLOB is what it's name explains, a binary large object. How it is used can be different in each implementation. As far as E1 "specs" (the F987* tables), current releases store XML that is compressed.

Craig

I think then it's not worth to try to convert it. Thanks, anyway.

Back