Is there a way...

pbare

Well Known Member
I want to produce a report that shows my menu with the associated object that is called.

For example if I was to produce a report for Human Resources

I would like to see the menu name and then the associated executable.

Human Resources and Payroll
Address Book Revisions 1 - P01012 | ZJDE0001 (applicationa and Version)

I am currently using JDE 8.0 but we are in the process of gathering information in preparation of an upgrade to JDE 9.1

Is this type of report possible? Is there an existing report in the system that I just haven't found yet?

Thanks
Pam

Our OneAssist would report menus like this:

G01 ==========================================================================
Daily Processing =============================================================
DV910, 17 May 2012 00:27 =====================================================

Seq Description Prompt Job
2 Word Search [P01BDWRD]
3 Address Book Revisions [P01012] [P01012|ZJDE0001]

No - unfortunately I don't have that in Version 8

Can I get at the data through tables (which tables would be involved)

Thanks
Pam

Hi Pam

AllOut Security can provide this solution for you in the way of an application, or report.

They can also provide advice and an application that can make the process of re-creating menus, finecut and security much easier when you actually get to the point of starting in your new version.

Hope this helps
Aidy

Pam,

Do you have R9000D in your system? I don't think it is exactly what you want, but if it is in your system, you can probably modify it to provide the information you require.

No unfortunately that report doesn't exist in our environment :-(

Guess I will just have to do some trial and error to try and come up with a report that shows what I need.

Thanks
Pam

From a Project Implementation point of view - such a report would be a godsend!

Providing an exception report for Menus that point to Objects that don't exist and/or of the wrong type.

(db)

That's what I was trying to build it for... would help to ensure that we have cleaned up all objects.

Pam,

F9000 Gives you the Task, Object and Version
Using an BSVW Outer Join, between the F9000 and F9860, you can identify the Tasks that do not have a matching object. Further, if that fails, you can create another BSVW Outer Join against the Versions F983051 and identify the exceptions there, too.

Will that work for what you are trying to accomplish?

(db)

Back