Is there a job?

Not that I know of but it depends on your setup where the GL Class Code is taken.

FYI: If you change the GL Class Code in the F4102 it does not change it in the F41021. You will need to change it on the locations as well for it to work properly. This may be what you are seeing. Usually for Purchase Recipts it comes from he item location table (F41021) and not the F4311 or F4102. I seem to recall that the sales order may updated at Ship Confirm with the location GL Class Code but if you need it changed after that and before Sales Update you will have to run a SQL statement.

Your requirement is to synchronize The G/L Class value between Item master, Item Branch, and Item Locations, correct?

Issue is that G/L Class for the same Item / Item-Branch may have multiple values - some of which may be valid and some of which aren't.

Typically the discrepancy that can cause the most headaches is when G/L Class in Item Branch has one value and the corresponding Item Location records have a different value(s).

I don't know if there is now a standard UBE to reconcile/synch this but years ago we wrote a custom UBE to synchronize our G/L Classes in these three tables. Changes to a Item Location (Inventory) G/L Class generates G/L transactions as needed to keep the G/L in synch. We have this run on a batch basis nightly.

Back