Invoice - Penny Difference with Tax

Gov

Hello,

Thoughts on below issue! thanks in advance for your input.

We are observing a Penny difference with Invoice when we compared 'Online Invoice' to 'Printed Invoice'. This difference came up only when we have Tax Summary is turned on (we set to option 3 = Summarize taxes by authority). When we dont turn on this option, then both 'Online Invoice' and 'Printed Invoice' matches. Below are our observations in one of scenario.

Online Invoice -

Order Total. . . 58.52
Taxable Amount 58.52
@ Tax Rate13.000 % 7.62
INVOICE TOTAL 66.14

Printed Invoice -

Invoice Subtotal Before Tax: $58.52
HST: $7.61
Total Amount CAD#: $66.14

In reality, tax on 'Printed Invoice' is correct (58.52*12/100 = 7.6076). But, this resulting penny difference with Total Amount (66.14-7.61-58.52 = 0.01) and also noticed Online Invoice is posted to GL. So we need to understand why we are getting a penny added with online invoice, which is incorrect

Pls. note we have 'Multi Currency is turned on'

It seems that I had this problem a long long time ago, and if I'm remembering right it's because it was calculating tax at the line item level, not the invoice level. The G/L / Online Invoice tax amount was each sales order line item tax rounded to the nearest penny totaled up, while the invoice summarized by authority added up the non-rounded amounts, then rounded the total.

It seems that I had this problem a long long time ago, and if I'm remembering right it's because it was calculating tax at the line item level, not the invoice level. The G/L / Online Invoice tax amount was each sales order line item tax rounded to the nearest penny totaled up, while the invoice summarized by authority added up the non-rounded amounts, then rounded the total.

that is it. thanks

FYI -To counter Penny issues we noticed with online invoice vs printed invoice, we created setup with application P0022 to calculate taxes always on order total instead of line level. this took care of our observed issues.

Back