Inventory transfers with multi-currency and Vertex

rkarnap

Hello List,
My client is implementing E1 9.0. Company 1 is in Europe and uses Euros, has VAT, but does not use Vertex. Company 2 is in the U.S. and uses US dollars and is implementing Vertex.

Company 1 in Europe frequently transfers raw and finished inventory to a Company 2 U.S. branch. Occasionally, "problem inventory" goes back to Europe.

They want to use the ST/OT process and configure it to create invoices. In testing, issues arise since the setup of the address book, customer master, and vendor master must first serve the reporting requirements of Company 1 in Europe. In testing, the purchase order and A/P voucher use the tax rate of the vendor location rather than the desired ship-to location. Regarding Vertex, changing the Main to Geo code affects reporting requirements for Company 1 in Europe.

Also, preliminary tests are getting a one cent out of balance posting error that does not appear at the time of voucher match, even though the user removes the checkmark from the "Foreign" checkbox on the header of the voucher match screen.

The client could use arms length sales and purchase transactions; that is, separate SO and PO documents for the two locations. However, they like the functionality of the ST/OT that creates both order simultaneously, updates changes from the ST to the OT, and minimizes mistakes with discrepancies between shipment confirmation and PO receipts.

I am ready to recommend separate transactions and more training unless someone has encountered this issue and found a way to use the ST/OT. Someone suggested receiving into a phantom U.S. branch that has VAT tax area codes set up and otherwise meets all European requirements. Then immediately perform an IT transfer to the real U.S. branch that has the Vertex Geo code and otherwise is set up for U.S. transactions. I am not thrilled with phantoms and extra movements.

Russell

And what about activating the option 2 in the processing option tab 11 'Transfers' from the P4210 ?
2. Sales and Purchase Order Taxable
Blank = Apply appropriate tax rates
1 = Bypass taxable flags for sales and purchase orders

Back