Inventory Item Shows Negative On Commitments

dalfan

An invenroty item is coming up in negative status availability with a from likely over commit from sales processing.

Reportedly the correcting should be provided thru the repost Sales UBE, that reported can fix. But had no impact when it ran late evening. This is likely
do any potentially any pending orders were in 999 next status or the others in 535 next status may have other issues. Then had some talk
of maybe creating a dummy order to insure that item adjusts properly thru that UBE.

Any help here?

Thanks.

ERP: XE SP23_L2
Enterprise server: iSeries V5R4

Hi,
R42995 needs open sales order.
Check if ship confirmation\sales order entry\ pick slip is allowed for -ve on hand.

i mean check which application is responsible for -ve commitments.

Also, are you using blanket orders?
Regards,

yepp dummy sales order, run repost and then cancel the dummy order.
There is no other way short of making a custom program..

Aarto

It could also be a record sitting in F41021WF as a commitment that was not cleaned up. Check P42210 for records, this table reads F41021WF. You can rollback from this app which will affect availability. If you want to test, take a snapshot of summary availability, roll back a record, and refresh summary availability. You should see the commitments change accordingly.

We have an app that does a poor job of releasing commitments, so we have to clean these up regularly.

Aarto

Thanks I was going that route and they didn't want to handle that way so I manually was adjusting directly. So no way that route either?

Also I'm seeing 2 open lines on 2 orders. Won't the commitment still exist with those still open?

Curious.

Aarto

So any options to do it manually still to replicate this? Also won't the the overcommittment still exist with the 2 orders still existing?

Curious.

Back