E9.0 Inventory Issues posted to specific accounts per AN8 customer

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi folks

We have a request that when we fulfil orders (from an external system which does not create SOs in our system) we would like to show this in the GL for each customer.
We call R47121 in a batch and this works great, writing to F4111 and F0911 but all using the same II DCT and therefore the same GL ANI for each GL Class.

To get a different account per AN8 the suggestion was to link AN8s to specific new DCTs, then to link these to F4095, but I think this is cumbersome and I'm sure we could use OBJ or SUB to mirror the individual AN8s

Am I right in thinking that if the account exists in F0901 it doesn't have to exist in F4095 and I can create the F0901 ANIs for each AN8 by using the SUB field, but it must have a record on F4095 for IIs.

Or is there another wa to ensure each customers II inv Issue goes to a specific GL account

Thanks

John

Last edited:
is there another wa to ensure each customers II inv Issue goes to a specific GL account
Hi John,

if you did manage to populate AN8 field within F4111 table I think it's possible to use standard flexible accounting which appears to be supported for XT4111Z1 on F4111.AN8 field.

In other words: you can use standard P40296 to setup a specific rule for DMAAI 41xx in order to populate for example SUB (subsidiary) or better SBL (subledger) field in your GL entry (F0911 record) without using DMAAI / F4095 table.

Kind regards,

Carlo

Many thanks Carlo. I'll research flexible accounting, as yes the AN8 cokes down into the F4111

if you did manage to populate AN8 field within F4111 table I think it's possible to use standard flexible accounting which appears to be supported for XT4111Z1 on F4111.AN8 field.

How did you determine F4111.AN8 is supported for Flex Accounting?

How did you determine F4111.AN8 is supported for Flex Accounting?

You can go to W40296C "Flexible Sales Account Revisions" and populate a record like that:

FlexibleAccounting.JPG

Then you select row exit "Data Items" and you can see a list of F4111 fields.

Kind regards,

Carlo

You can go to W40296C "Flexible Sales Account Revisions" and populate a record like that:

View attachment 19313

Then you select row exit "Data Items" and you can see a list of F4111 fields.

Kind regards,

Carlo

Hi Carlo

Question for you on Flex Accounting using XT4111Z1 in 4122 4124...can you use ANY field on F4111?

As we would like to use the EMCU on F40349 but I am not sure the BSFN can jump there. So I will add it to TREX maybe or MMCU???

Hi John,

P1690 is showing almost all F4111 fields as available included TREX and MMCU and I did not dig into this specific flex accounting BSFN yet.
I would suggest to go for TREX because I'm not fully aware about how MMCU is used by standard JDE within F4111.

Did your AN8 data in subledger field work ?

Kind regards,

Carlo

Thanks

Yes I managed to get the SBL field to hit the cardex and F0911 from F47121 but the account created was MCU.OBJ.SUB - SUB being AN8
This works but just for half of the GL (the 4124 not the 4122)

Howvever apparently the account needs to be MCU.OBJ.SUB - MCU being EMCU from F40349 (cost centre per customer)

So I have 2 issues:
1) how to get the 4122 GL entry to use a different acount other than that setup in F4095 for the II
2) how to use flex accounting correctly so hopefully BOTH sides of the GL are overriden and how to get the EMCU into the setup. If I put the EMCU into TREX that may help :)

The main problem is they want these IIs to actually hit the same accounts and a sales order would. Why? Not so sure

Thanks again

Hi John,

please also consider:

* "II - Inventory Issue" transactions you are talking about are representing a sales. Essentially you are entering a P4112 transaction via R47121 representing an R42800 booking. As a consequence in my opinion you cannot use the same order / document type "II" but you would need to use a separate document like "I1 - I2 - I3" or what you prefer.

* Through Flexible accouting you can drive any account portion (for example MCU / SUB / SBL ... etc) except "OBJ = Object Account". Again: it's important not to use "II" document type for your transaction.

Kind regards,

Carlo

How about DCT IK??? Looks like it was made for this purpose :)

But I think the fact E1 allows to change the 4124 account only and not the 4122 is fine

4122 is your companies balance sheet, 4124 is a COG account. So it makes sense this is why E1 expose this in F47122

Last edited:
Back