Invalid line type error while processing Direct ship orders

Gautham

Hi All,

Once a direct shipment order(SD) is created automatically a purchase order(OD) gets created.

So in the purchase order if they do a partial receive and cancel the rest, then two lines get created in the sales order, one showing up with the correct quantities that has been received and the other line shows the quantities which has been cancelled out and the status of the second line moves to the 980 - 999.

But in an issue of my client, when they do a partial receipt, for example when they create a Direct Shipment order for 100 quantities and they are receiving only 80 quantities, then the sales order should show two lines one with 80 and the other with 20 and the status of the second should be 980 -999. But ,it is showing one line with 100 and the other with 20( It is not calculating correctly) and also the line type is not populating for the second line however the status moves to 980 -999. So, when ever we open the sales order it shows the error as "Invalid line type" and we are not able to do any changes to this order.

When we did the same procedure in the testing environment the line type defaulted to "N" for the cancelled line, but in Production it is bouncing with error. When we checked the coding everything seems to be fine.

I just want to know what may be the root cause for this issue and I appreciate any inputs from you all.

Thanks in advance.
Gautham

Attachments

• 153894-Direct shipment order.doc
    91 KB · Views: 150
Back