Invalid Address Number Error in R42800

wsellers

Good Day List Users

I have a perplexing issue the I believe you can help with. We've recently gone live with three new facilities. The main facility is a manufacturing plant and all our setups seam to be working as expected. The other two facilities are service centers we've setup to process A/P and A/R transaction through non-stock purchase orders and sales orders. I'm having problems with the A/R setup. We've entered sales orders and invoiced them; however, I'm unable to process a sales update proof without errors. When I run sales update (R42800) in proof mode every sales order returns an error message "Invalid Address Number". (This is one of those famous JDE messages that really doesn't help a lot.) I've checked several of the customer numbers and they appear to be setup in the address book and in the customer master by company number. I've exhausted my depth of knowledge and need help. I've also placed a call with the JDE to resolve this issue. (Let's see who'll resolve this issue first.)

Walt Sellers
Heil Environmental Industries, Ltd.
OW B733.2 SP10, Citrix, Windows NT TS2000, Oracle 8.1.6

just a guess but check the salesperson address number and also the
preferred vendor number tied to the item.

Thanks to all who read this post. I've found the cause of the error with a little help from the response line.
We didn't have an address number assigned to our business units. (When you don't generate these settings every day it easy to miss something.)

Walt Sellers
Heil Environmental Industries, Ltd.
OW B733.2 SP10, Citrix, Windows NT TS2000, Oracle 8.1.6

Other address numbers can default into the F4211 such as buyer number and
vendor number. Check out all address number fields in the F4211. However,
if they are invalid, then you should have gotten an error when the order is
created. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

lAndy Klee
Klee Associates, Inc.
970 856 4811
[email protected] www.JDETips.com JDETips: Mastery Level Consulting,
Training, Knowledge Products

Back