Intermittent Loss of Data Entry

DEddy

We have upgraded from XE to 9.0 a couple of months ago. I have had users tell me that they will enter several lines on an order, but when they go back into the order, the data is not there. Following is a description from the user about their process:

From Enter Order Detail - Customer Service - Select a line to go to Enter Order Detail - Sales Order Detail Revisions

Click on >| to go to the end of order to start entering items

Fill in Qty ordered, item number, desciptions 1 & 2, unit price and dates ( requested and scheduled pick).

The items we enter will take us to the configurator screen, where we enter in all required fields.

We then validate the configuration and add to order.

Start the process again.

When the items were lost all 45 lines were entered at one time. Tried to enter items again, a few at a time.

4 items entered.

Upon getting out of the order to verify entry.

Items were retained this time.

Next attempt: 10 entries – ok

Next attempt 15 entries – ok

Next attempt 20 entries - ok

This happens intermittently and we cannot recreate at will. I was hoping that perhaps someone had encountered this problem and might be able to help troubleshoot. The users have indicated that they are not getting any errors when entering the data.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

We occasionally have the same issue in 8.12. We have isolated it down to record locks. If you exceed the BSFN wait time, the user will get a message that the transaction failed, but it doesn't tell them which transaction. OE (at least for us) is an async process, so they can click OK/commit/whatever and go on to the next order.

The easier way to see is to check your JAS logs for a bsfn timeout.

Tom

Back