Interfacing with JDE 9.0 on AIX server

Bhaskar dey

<font color="red">Our organization is implementing JDE 9.0 on AIX server (Oracle 10 DB). We have legacy applications(Programs: Cobol, CLP, RPG , Tables: PF, LF) running in AS400(v5R4M0) which will need to interface with this new JDE 9.0 Application for Sales and Purchase Order creation/update and get back Error info if any.
How to do it? Can someone please provide suitable solution overview? Greatly appriciate your help. Best regards!!
</font>

B,

You really should NOT write in RED (most of us think it's rather unprofessional)....

Do you want to Interface with the legacy Applications, or with the Data they occupy?

Interfacing with the data is much easier:
- You can use Virtual Tables (I'm the author of that phrase
grin.gif
. just review the list - there's lots of info)
- You can use Business Services
- You can use Third Party Connectors
- You can rewrite your Legacy Applications to properly interface E1

Let us know more - as you come across your needs.

Being this is your first post, Etiquette:
* Don't Cry Wolf (don't say system down, if you aren't calling 911)
* Don't use all Caps
* Don't Burn Bridges
* Do use 'normal colors'
* Do <font color="red">SEARCH </font> the List, before asking 'general' questions

There's a bunch more rules, but - they are all common sense.

(db)

Work with your IT dept. and analyze different options to go for. You can select the one which your company is comfortable with in terms of skills and technology.

Chan

Thanks Daniel! I shall abide by all rules.
More details: We are decommissioning JDE A7.3 Worldsoft and implementing JDE E1 9.0. We have some applications running (Written in ROG, Cobol etc. and using some home grown tables-non-JDE)that Puts/Gets data into/from JDE sales purchase tables. Currently JDE A7.3 and these applications are residing in the same AS400 Box. So it is rather "seamless". Now the challenge is to make these legacy applications interface with JDE E1 9.0 (and have the same end result) because we will drop JDE world soft but the AS400 box with these legacy applications will remain.
As you suggested, I shall Search the lists..and get back to you whenever required. Meanwhile if you can provide me further guidance on interfacing strategy, that would be very helpful.

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
\BD

Back